Match Thread AFC Bournemouth v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hard to name a team for this with Midfield and wingers so flexible (that's good) - either way it all depends on who scores first - I see an against the accepted wisdom result here. 1-0 or 0-1.

Davies for Siggy, not a chance Iceland dosent start, if anyone comes out it will be Gomes since he hasnt been playing well, but even if he does it will be Morgan who comes in
I wouldn't say Sexy Man has been playing bad either. He is doing his job in the midfield like he should. Gaining control of it with Fab. But you are correct, Siggy will remain in the lineup until he loses his ability to walk or run. Until then we shall keep the support :)

I would consider telling Sigurdsson to drop into midfield and draw fouls from Lerma and Billing, who are both yellow cards waiting to happen. In fact, I think it'd be a good idea to have the wide players drive inside and look to commit defenders around the 18-yard box.

Bournemouth have some talented players, and this won't be easy by any stretch, but their centre midfielders and defenders are there to be got at.

I saw this, reckons Silva is 'only 2 games away from a crisis', what an absolute bell!
It's the fans he hates. Always dissing us on Soccer Saturday. It's because we turned on Allardyce who, for some reason, is a big favourite with old school soccer pundits.

The younger generation pundits are fine with us, the likes of Higginbottom and Mills.

This is an absolute must win game
Win, lose or draw this game, it will in no way define our season. It isn't even as important as the Sheffield Wednesday game.

Our 84/85 team is generally regarded as our best ever, it certainly was in my time. Yet we lost 8 and drew 6 in the league that season. Now every game we don't win, even against top teams, is considered a disaster. It's crazy.

They have about Ten players out for this game, not an expert on their first team squad, so not sure how many would have started but they must be short in quite a few areas.
Brooks and Cook are two players they will miss. Cook is apparently close to fitness but he hasn't played for close to 12 months so I can't see him being thrown straight in to the starting XI.

If you're an England fan Lewis Cook is, in my humble opinion, that good he could be the answer to our defensive midfield problem if he recover well from his knee injury. I'd have him at Everton in a flash.

Win, lose or draw this game, it will in no way define our season. It isn't even as important as the Sheffield Wednesday game.

Our 84/85 team is generally regarded as our best ever, it certainly was in my time. Yet we lost 8 and drew 6 in the league that season. Now every game we don't win, even against top teams, is considered a disaster. It's crazy.
Cup games are always more important, unless your fighting to stay up, but I'd say this league game is a big one as its one we really should be winning if we are serious about 4th, and the state of the sides outside the top 3, we should be.

I'd love us to start winning these games.

We so often show ourselves to be the better side, which we undoubtedly are, but let ourselves down with silly errors or poor professionalism.

These should be 2-0 Everton wins all day.

Am I the only one on this forum who likes Siggy, I am getting fed up with people always running him down, just think of all the goals he scored last season and get off his back and leave him alone.
I think he is a talented player. I just wish he had 8 out of 10 good games instead of 1 out of 10

Status
Not open for further replies.