2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.

Messed up not bringing in a proper striker alongside Kean.

Putting all the pressure in the world on a 19 year old from another country to hit the ground running ISNT fair nor smart.
Is that what is actually happening though?

We've now scored 7 goals in two games after an, admittedly, quiet start. None of which were scored by him.

I don't think there's 'pressure' on him to score consistently at all personally. Certainly not this season anyway.

Is that what is actually happening though?

We've now scored 7 goals in two games after an, admittedly, quiet start. None of which were scored by him.

I don't think there's 'pressure' on him to score consistently at all personally. Certainly not this season anyway.

I think whilst we are winning the pressure isnt as much, but lets face it the club/fans have been starved of a proper centre forward since Rom left and if the goals/results aint coming it puts massive pressure on his shoulders.

Even if we wanted him as our main striker for me I would have gone for someone like King at Bournemouth as back up and sent DCL packing/on loan - he wouldnt have cost the world and isnt a prolific scorer demanding 1st team football every week but is one of those strikers capable of getting goals and can rotate/allow us to ease Kean in.

I hope its something we look at in January.

I think Iwobi could go on to be one of his best buys, might of looked like a Walcott style Arsenal reject when he was still in London, but he certainly looks to have the potential to be a real class player for a great fee

Still left us short in CB, CM and CF

Imo we need atleast two out of three coming in January - preferably a CB and CF as Gbamin, Delph and Gomes will be enough cover in CM once JP is back fit.

you want us to have 5 strikers when we play 4-2-3-1?

DCL, Niasse and Tosun are nor worthy of the term Striker & Kean has potential but still raw.

Throw the £50+ million we were offering Palace for Zaha at someone like Belotti or Wilson - one of them rotating with Kean and we are massively stronger up top

Status
Not open for further replies.