Match Thread Lincoln City vs Everton - Carabao Cup, Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully we play a strong team...

Pickford
Digne
Keane
Mina
Coleman
Delph
Davies
Gordon
Bernard
Kean
Iwobi

... want to see Gordon get a run in the first team, probably can’t see it happening though. Maybe when we’re down a few and the games out of reach.

Lincoln up next so fully expect us to play type of side I wanted to start with last 3 games. And still have a taste of bitterness in victory.

Hopefully we play a strong team...

Pickford
Digne
Keane
Mina
Coleman
Delph
Davies
Gordon
Bernard
Kean
Iwobi

... want to see Gordon get a run in the first team, probably can’t see it happening though. Maybe when we’re down a few and the games out of reach.
Regarding Gordon, I saw the match highlights and he scored 2 goals the other night against Arsenal.
He seemed to be up front .. what’s his best position? Attacking Mid?

With JP injured and anyone but Schnide I'd play Delph in the middle
Perfect chance to play 3 mids with Sig on left and Davies on right.
Richarlison up top with Kean getting to observe before coming on and having the crap kicked out of him
Iwobi on left and Bernard on right.
Holgate has to start.

Away at Lincoln - not for the vaguely intelligent fan. I can see this being a 1-3 victory for the Blues, we all get geed up again based on strong performances by Delph and Davies only to be brought down to earth by a return to the 'Gomerlin' axis against Wolves on Sunday

The Lincoln boss is at our u23s game, must be expecting a few of them to turn up tomorrow maybe, or hoping to get one of players tonight on loan before the window ends

Regarding Gordon, I saw the match highlights and he scored 2 goals the other night against Arsenal.
He seemed to be up front .. what’s his best position? Attacking Mid?

I believe that’s where he spent most of last year. But seen him wearing the 9 shirt for U23 the other night. In the tournament in South America I believe he played up top and won best attacking player of the tournament ... so maybe he’d rather play there or maybe unsy is just trying to slot him in somewhere. Anyone know?

Status
Not open for further replies.