Match Thread Aston Villa vs Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll...

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

.....plenty of possession but fragile at the back and impotent up front.

Amongst the adulation, i’ve been saying our defence look vulnerable (somebody unnamed said we are ‘perfect’). Keane (I’m sorry to repeat myself) is so easy to run past and when you’re past him you’re away.

Regardless we are where we are. We have to sit deep to compensate for the lack of pace. It means we are stretched, with forward players isolated.

Silva wants pace at the back (Zouma), he wants athletes and ball carriers (Gbamin, Iwobi) to get us directly at the opposition back four, and he want quality up top (Kean).

The key pieces in his team model are missing and we look poor.

Not entirely the fault of our defenders. The ball reaches our danger area too quickly after we lose possession, countless times today, it is as if we have no midfielder. Schneiderlin doing absolutely nothing and Gomes doing absolutely too much.

just want to know who the utter donk is who just this week here was proclaiming DCL's finishing ability is above average,

Shocking people could have such a wrong opinion.

20190823_145423-1024x768.jpg

Digne has the player faced, Mina should be dropped back with the defensive line and the through ball isn't an option. Not once did he check his positioning.

Status
Not open for further replies.