2019/20 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Arguably, sure - and he has missed a chance or two but his hold up play is good enough for outballs and he is not exactly the focal point otherwise. Last weekend Richarlison was the one missing all the chances. Moise put himself in better positions in his short spell, though, so i guess there is a case to be made for DCL's ability to get those chances.

I´m possibly being a bit harsh on DCL in terms of the fact others are to blame as well. I think Richarlison´s goals really disguise how poor his all round game can be. There were plenty of times last season where attacks died the moment he got hold of the ball. Worth pointing out that it wouldn´t take much for Richarlison to improve this given the obvious ability he has.

hahahahahahhahaa love it in here me

shearer was 17 when he made his debut

by the time shearer was DCL's age he was smashing goals in for fun for Blackburn who won the league

by the time messi was DCL's age he was scoring 40 a season for one of the best teams the world has ever seen

Shearer was 24 when Blackburn won the league. However, his 25th birthday was just three months later. So really there's a three year difference between the careers of DCL and Shearer in terms of goal scoring trajectory. Hopefully, DCL will help us win the league when he's 25!

As for Messi, you have completely missed my point. He wasn't banging 40 goals a season from day one. His goals followed an upward trajectory path like all strikers do.

Shearer was 24 when Blackburn won the league. However, his 25th birthday was just three months later. So really there's a three year difference between the careers of DCL and Shearer in terms of goal scoring trajectory. Hopefully, DCL will help us win the league when he's 25!

As for Messi, you have completely missed my point. He wasn't banging 40 goals a season from day one. His goals followed an upward trajectory path like all strikers do.

Like all strikers do? Owen, Fowler didn’t

but when shearer was 22 ( dominics age ) he scored 22 goals in 26 games, how you can even compare them?

wont even bother with a messi comparison like it needs one

I do get your point, but your comparing DCL with shearer and messi because like DCL they didn't score a load of goals when they made the debuts, the difference is they made their debuts at 17 years of age, not 20 or whatever DCL was when he started playing regularly for us.

by the time they were DCL's age they was smashing goals in, DCL isnt

if you made a comparison against a say vardy that would make more sense

but when shearer was 22 ( dominics age ) he scored 22 goals in 26 games, how you can even compare them?

wont even bother with a messi comparison like it needs one

I do get your point, but your comparing DCL with shearer and messi because like DCL they didn't score a load of goals when they made the debuts, the difference is they made their debuts at 17 years of age, not 20 or whatever DCL was when he started playing regularly for us.

by the time they were DCL's age they was smashing goals in, DCL isnt

if you made a comparison against a say vardy that would make more sense

The age is not even a direct comparison because of the season and birthday syncronisation issue which clearly you haven't recognised yet. My point remains the same - the likes of Shearer didn't bang 20 goals a season from day one.

Status
Not open for further replies.