Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
if there are americans out there they may know this name. hes not a footballer. he plays american football in college for louisiana state university known simply as LSU. he could play american football professionally but becuase of his size will not be an elite player. however i just see visions of him dominating EPL pitches. his american football problem is that he is only 5'6" and 160 lbs, not big enough to play in the NFL. he does however have a competition track speed of 10 seconds in the 100m and a certified 40 yd (35m or so) of 4.2 seconds. one of the fastest human beings on earth. you can put him on one end of the pitch, give any player a 20 meter head start and he will beat them easily to the other end of the pitch. although short he does have a vertical leap of of 40 inches well over 1 m so he woulkd be a weapon in the air. forget trying to stop this guy in space. he will run by anyone. he also has amazing short area quickness to get to balls way before slower defenders. although not heavy he has a strong body and will not get hurt playing football much. hes 19 years old. everton should throw him a 1/2 mil pounds put him in their development program. i can see visions of liverpool defenders left in the dust while this freak blows by. i have visions of him as one of the best strikers in the world. and hes tough and has a nasty attitude and will not go down easily when tackled and will be stronger faster and more athletic than any player on earth. trindon holliday from louisiana. thats the type of guy i want playing up front for me and you can try to catch him

I honestly thought you were talking about Leon Osman for 99% of that mate.

if there are americans out there they may know this name. hes not a footballer. he plays american football in college for louisiana state university known simply as LSU. he could play american football professionally but becuase of his size will not be an elite player. however i just see visions of him dominating EPL pitches. his american football problem is that he is only 5'6" and 160 lbs, not big enough to play in the NFL. he does however have a competition track speed of 10 seconds in the 100m and a certified 40 yd (35m or so) of 4.2 seconds. one of the fastest human beings on earth. you can put him on one end of the pitch, give any player a 20 meter head start and he will beat them easily to the other end of the pitch. although short he does have a vertical leap of of 40 inches well over 1 m so he woulkd be a weapon in the air. forget trying to stop this guy in space. he will run by anyone. he also has amazing short area quickness to get to balls way before slower defenders. although not heavy he has a strong body and will not get hurt playing football much. hes 19 years old. everton should throw him a 1/2 mil pounds put him in their development program. i can see visions of liverpool defenders left in the dust while this freak blows by. i have visions of him as one of the best strikers in the world. and hes tough and has a nasty attitude and will not go down easily when tackled and will be stronger faster and more athletic than any player on earth. trindon holliday from louisiana. thats the type of guy i want playing up front for me and you can try to catch him
I literally laughed out loud that my boy Trindon Holiday is being discussed on the Everton forum lol (I live 5 minutes from LSU). The man was a joy to watch play American football but if someones pube hair flew off in the wind and hit him.... he would end up in California. Love the tenacity in this post though

One imagines this had already been posted, but a piece in the times bigging up our player support system for new signings. Though this probably pretty standard now this is good PR for the club nonetheless.
Save
Marco Silva will sit down, one by one, with his new signings this week and present another tailor-made analysis session designed to speed up the integration of Everton’s latest recruits.

Yet the bespoke services the club provides the likes of Moise Kean and Jean-Philippe Gbamin, two £25 million summer arrivals, aimed at ensuring their immediate assimilation extends way beyond the positions they should take up on the pitch.

There are English lessons to organise, chauffeurs to book, house viewings to arrange, restaurants and hotels to recommend and everyday practicalities, such as setting up national insurance numbers and bank accounts, to cover.

After the deals between clubs have been agreed, private jets have delivered precious cargo and multi-million pound contracts have been signed, the bedding in of players, and importantly, their families, runs in conjunction with the football side.

Such work has become a staple at Premier League clubs and Everton boasts a full-time, first-team player care manager in Charlotte Renshaw, who supports their individual needs and requirements.

All new players receive an induction pack which tells them all about the history of the club, the work the club does in the community, background information on all the squad and details on the local area such as recommendations for places to live depending on their individual requirements.

There are three levels to the support Everton offer.

Category one details players who have never lived in the United Kingdom before, such as Kean who arrived from Juventus, Gbamin from Mainz and Djibril Sidibé on loan from Monaco, and who therefore require support with virtually everything.

While player agencies also offer help to their clients, Everton will source cars, help find GPs and dentists and provide information on any cultural requirements, for example the whereabouts of the local mosque.

For signings such as Alex Iwobi and Jonas Lossl, brought in from Arsenal and Huddersfield Town respectively, where the focus is more on relocation packages and ensuring family members are settled.

Fabian Delph, signed from Manchester City, falls into category three, given he already lived in the northwest and has spent his entire career in English football. Everton would help with any specific requirements he has, but assisting the midfielder is relatively straightforward.

“Ultimately, they all require different levels of support, but the idea is the club takes away as much of the stress of moving to a new club — and in some cases a new country — as possible so the player is free to concentrate on their football,” said Renshaw, who has worked for Everton since 2012.

There is an onus on the existing players to assist the settling in process. New captain Séamus Coleman formally welcomed all the new players, taking them on a tour of the training ground and introducing them to each squad member. The initiation ritual of singing for the rest of the group has already taken place.

“Our squad morale is very good,” said the Everton goalkeeper Jordan Pickford. “We have got a lot of different nationalities and we all gel together as one big unit. That goes a long way. The dressing room has to be good in football and ours is very good. That is the starting point.

“They are good lads. The songs? I don’t know what they were. I’m not French [speaking] or Italian! It’s one of those things in this industry. Some people don’t mind doing it, some people hate doing it — me being one of them.

“It’s about bedding in and it is a good welcome to the club. If you can understand the language, I’m sure that they did well but I didn’t stick around in school long enough to learn.”

Kean has made two substitute appearances for Everton as Silva eases him into first-team action while he gets to grips with a new league
Kean has made two substitute appearances for Everton as Silva eases him into first-team action while he gets to grips with a new league
PAUL GREENWOOD/BPI/REX
Everton also have in place a “buddy” system of sorts where the club looks to pair a new recruit with a member of the squad with whom they might have something in common. This could be based upon nationality, or having played together at a previous club which helped André Gomes, Lucas Digne and Yerry Mina following their arrivals from Barcelona last summer.

In the case of Italy international Kean and Ivorian Gbamin, they both speak French and so have struck up a bond. They have also been staying at the same city centre hotel with the club organising lifts to and from training and any trips out.

Both will now start English lessons. Kean, the 19-year-old forward, already speaks limited English, while Gbamin, 23, commands good conversational English but will also have lessons in due course.

There are usually three lessons per week, either at home or Everton’s Finch Farm training HQ, and they can be one-on-one or group sessions with all the family.

All of this underpins and aids the work Silva is doing as he seeks to fast-track players signed at the end of the transfer window into the first team.

“I sit with them and work with them not just on the pitch, but with some videos so they can realise what we want in all the moments,” said Silva.

“Normally, we do all the job at Finch Farm with them. When they go home, I want them to rest, to relax with the family, keep thinking about the football, yes, and then come in the day after to work hard.

“The Premier League is different. Even though they have quality when they come here, we are talking about different players, different leagues
Forget the English lessons, the only language our lads need to be able to speak is FOOTBALL.

Iconic

...Baningime apparently in talks over a loan deal with Danish side, Brondby.
interesting. obviously a higher standard than what he could get in england now, they usually finish in the top 4 if not higher. they're already 6 games into their season and he'd be fighting hard to make the team (which could be positive or negative depending on beni himself). also unfortunately not in europa, got knocked out by braga.
think they play 4-3-3 (hey ho marco) and they've got some midfielders i like (tibbling, radosevic(played against us for split in the europa league) and vigen(formerly of fulham)).

...I suppose much depends on whether there’s demand for players. I’m sure if there is interest in Connolly from abroad he’d be allowed to go.
true, you'd think he'd have a lot of suitors considering he's so versatile. might be everton demanding he play a set position and not be shuttled around the pitch to wherever he's needed (just spitballing lol)

true, you'd think he'd have a lot of suitors considering he's so versatile. might be everton demanding he play a set position and not be shuttled around the pitch to wherever he's needed (just spitballing lol)

....I doubt we make such demands, I imagine we just want his salary off our books. You’re right, he is a versatile and useful player who you’d think was on the radar of clubs.

Status
Not open for further replies.