Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
...I think any bid would be enough to move him on a permanent.

I hope not, we only have 3 strikers, if we sell Cenk, we are down to 2 and then we are just an injury and a suspension away from having no real options. I remember that time we sold Marcus Bent for £2m because he was 3rd choice, then our 2 strikers got injured and we ended up with Cahill up top

Honestly if we can get cash and/or loan fees for Tosun and Naisse, sell them both :) DCL and Kean are our top 2 strikers, with Richarlison available to play there and last season everyone was screaming for Ellis Simms to get game time due to his U18/23 rates for goals! Same way try to get rid of Mirallas, Cuco Martina, Stekelenburg and Bolasie also for as much as we can or their wages paid and we'll have taken major cash issues out of equation in future!

I hope not, we only have 3 strikers, if we sell Cenk, we are down to 2 and then we are just an injury and a suspension away from having no real options. I remember that time we sold Marcus Bent for £2m because he was 3rd choice, then our 2 strikers got injured and we ended up with Cahill up top

....he’s become a millstone on big money that the club needs to shift. There’s probably more effective options than him via shifting what we have if there’s a crisis.

....he’s become a millstone on big money that the club needs to shift. There’s probably more effective options than him via shifting what we have if there’s a crisis.

Personally I would rather keep him till January now, as we have no options to bring in a third choice before then and we could be left short for half a season. But I can understand the club doing it if we are going to make £20m back on what we paid. But I cant see that from a Turkish team, they just dont pay big transfers. If its a loan I dont see the point

Rami was apparently sacked for participating in the French reality programme Fort Boyard - which if I remember correctly was a programme shown here a few years ago- without permission.

Fort Boyard is a fortification situated off the Charente Maritime coast between La Rochelle and Royan.

I believe that the idea of the programme is to try to escape.

Perhaps @Frenchguy could confirm the details.
Yes exactly !
This is the way they found to sack him, the real reason is because his wage was way too high and his last year was aweful.

There is a story today that Rojo's move to Everton was blocked on deadline day by the Glaziers becuase they see us as a direct rival for top 4. I think they could be right, personally I think us and united are in that group that we could only finish 4th if 2 other teams have a bad season

There is a story today that Rojo's move to Everton was blocked on deadline day by the Glaziers becuase they see us as a direct rival for top 4. I think they could be right, personally I think us and united are in that group that we could only finish 4th if 2 other teams have a bad season
I don't know about top 4 but i think we can challenge them for a place in the top 6. We have a good group now (once everyone is settled) and i think if we get a bit of luck with injuries then i see no reason why we can't push Utd and Chelsea, neither strike me as convincing this season.

I don't know about top 4 but i think we can challenge them for a place in the top 6. We have a good group now (once everyone is settled) and i think if we get a bit of luck with injuries then i see no reason why we can't push Utd and Chelsea, neither strike me as convincing this season.

That's kind of what I meant, I see Man City, Liverpool and Spurs as top 3, then for us to get 4th we need to have a good season and we need Arsenal, Chelsea and Man Utd to have a worse season than us. Think it's more likely that even if we have a good season by our standards we would be 5th or 6th

Rico, DCL and Kean can play as striker.

If they see us as a direct rival, wouldn’t they be wanting to piggy back Rojo to us?

That was pretty much made up. Brands addressed that specifically unless my memory is incorrect when he said they were looking for a CB loan. There is no way they were going to bail Man U out by buying Rojo. At least not that 25M. Brands isn't completely nuts.

I'd sell Cenk as he has only scored three goals in the premiership last season.

Walcot can play up front like he has done for Arsenal and Siggy can play the false number 9.

I'd sell Cenk as he has only scored three goals in the premiership last season.

Walcot can play up front like he has done for Arsenal and Siggy can play the false number 9.
I'd sell him because he isn't good enough for the level we want to be competing at.

I'd rather have an under 21 team player gaining the experience of being in the squad.

That was pretty much made up. Brands addressed that specifically unless my memory is incorrect when he said they were looking for a CB loan. There is no way they were going to bail Man U out by buying Rojo. At least not that 25M. Brands isn't completely nuts.

I heard from the United side at the time that it was a loan, nothing about any transfer.

My take was that we wanted the loan, United leaked a transfer to see if they could drum up other interest and we walked away.

Status
Not open for further replies.