2019/20 Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve always said from day one if he doesn’t score what does he do?

Can’t deny his work rate or his technical ability especially striking a ball but he’s doesn’t do enough for me.

Speaking to Swansea fan when I was working down there the year we signed him, he said he’s a great player but he said for all the match winning moments he had for them plenty of games would go by and you would forget he’s playing.

If we had signed Zaha I think that would have been the end of him to be honest but we haven’t so he’s going to play a fair share this season unless Iwobi suddenly turns into 10+ goals a season guy.

I’ve always said from day one if he doesn’t score what does he do?

Can’t deny his work rate or his technical ability especially striking a ball but he’s doesn’t do enough for me.

Speaking to Swansea fan when I was working down there the year we signed him, he said he’s a great player but he said for all the match winning moments he had for them plenty of games would go by and you would forget he’s playing.

If we had signed Zaha I think that would have been the end of him to be honest but we haven’t so he’s going to play a fair share this season unless Iwobi suddenly turns into 10+ goals a season guy.
I really don't see how Zaha's arrival would affect Sigurdsson - surely Zaha is a winger who scores a few as opposed to a someone playing down the middle who scores more goals?
Also, I don't see how Iwobo getting 10 goals would be an improvement on a player who scored 13.
But don't let that get in the way your campaign against Gylfi.

I just find it weird how he has such die hard backers who refuse to admit, in moat games in his first season and the first 3rd of last season, he was a waste of a player on the pitch. He did almost nothing to affect the match at all in those games.

Look, this is how it is done: was he really really good in most matches in 2/3 of the matches last season? Yes. Was he anonymous in the other 3rd? yes.

I just find it weird how he has such die hard backers who refuse to admit, in moat games in his first season and the first 3rd of last season, he was a waste of a player on the pitch. He did almost nothing to affect the match at all in those games.

Look, this is how it is done: was he really really good in most matches in 2/3 of the matches last season? Yes. Was he anonymous in the other 3rd? yes.
Yes, awful player on those stats, however you made them up and presented them as facts.
Still, if the rest of the squad had your made-up stats we would be playing Champions League football this season.

Yes, awful player on those stats, however you made them up and presented them as facts.
Still, if the rest of the squad had your made-up stats we would be playing Champions League football this season.
Once again, he was REALLY poor in those other games. WhoScored had him in the 5's and low 6's in the beginning of last season. But go ahead, keep on putting your slant on things "you made up and presenting them as facts."

Once again, he was REALLY poor in those other games. WhoScored had him in the 5's and low 6's in the beginning of last season. But go ahead, keep on putting your slant on things "you made up and presenting them as facts."
Or he'd have a crap game but score a goal which would make him immune to criticism. Definition of luxury player, He's like a less talented Ozil

Stats are neutral, though not always showing the complete picture.
But personal opinion and own eyes is not always telling the complete truth either.
I suspect his lack of pace clouds a lot of judgements.

Fact is he near the top on a bunch of vital statistics, and I feel he is blamed every time we lack creativity or doesnt score.
Fair enough to claim he is not worth 45 mill, but dropping him seems insane! Not many better realistic options? At least not in current squad.

Nobody is saying he's perfect. But without him we would have even less goal threat.

Looked poor again so far, I love the Gylf but he needs to be subbed out soon if this continues. He’s had one or two nice passes, but very little impact.

Status
Not open for further replies.