Centre Midfield

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schneiderlin will obviously play again for us, but man, it'd be nice if we had enough depth in this position to tell him to get stuffed after that horror show on Saturday

At what point do you draw the line with someone? This wasn't the first time his attitude stunk

Schneiderlin will obviously play again for us, but man, it'd be nice if we had enough depth in this position to tell him to get stuffed after that horror show on Saturday

At what point do you draw the line with someone? This wasn't the first time his attitude stunk

....i’d always be wary of poor professionals, you can’t trust them and they need to be replaced.

Honestly Mikey, he wasn't that bad?

His red was stupid. Didn't cost us the game but didn't help us push on like we needed to in the second half, after we'd just got Kean on.

But barring that he'd actually had a fine game. He did his job. The real blow was Gomes coming off and Silva probably brought Gbamin on too soon - it should have been Davies to add a bit of energy rather than both Gbamin and Schneids basically doing the same job defensively, but offering zilch going forward.

He got a red because of a crap decision by Moss for the first booking (appreciate it was dissent and that was poor from MS, but understand his frustration at laughable ref calls) and the second was a mistimed tackle. I don't think that reeks of an attitude problem, mate.

Honestly Mikey, he wasn't that bad?

His red was stupid. Didn't cost us the game but didn't help us push on like we needed to in the second half, after we'd just got Kean on.

But barring that he'd actually had a fine game. He did his job. The real blow was Gomes coming off and Silva probably brought Gbamin on too soon - it should have been Davies to add a bit of energy rather than both Gbamin and Schneids basically doing the same job defensively, but offering zilch going forward.

He got a red because of a crap decision by Moss for the first booking (appreciate it was dissent and that was poor from MS, but understand his frustration at laughable ref calls) and the second was a mistimed tackle. I don't think that reeks of an attitude problem, mate.

I would argue that getting a stupid booking for dissent is 100% an attitude problem yes

It doesn't matter if you think the ref is wrong, you pull socks up, shut your gob and get on with it

Yelling at the ref like a petulant 6 year old is not going to help you, and when you've played the game as long as Schneiderlin has you should know that

I’ve said it 1000 times before but if that’s a player we like it’s evidence of their mythical winning attitude, if it’s a player we don’t its petulance. Happens every time.

I'm always the first to yell "Walk away from the ref you idiot" when I see it

It's just not worth it. You will get booked and that hurts the team

If we get a reputation as a team who keeps chewing out refs then it's not going to make the refs magically start listening. If anything it'll lead to the exact opposite and they'll start clamping down. It's why Coleman talking to the ref all the time is pointless at this current stage. People need to realise that the only way we can get into a situation where referees will give any of our players the time of day is if we become a big enough and successful club that they'll feel it valid. Until we reach that stage, talking to refs achieves nothing more than a booking and is a complete and utter waste of energy

Just keep your mouth shut and get on with it

Again, Schneiderlin has been playing this game for nearly 25 years now if you include his youth career, he knows better

Status
Not open for further replies.