New Everton Stadium Discussion

They’ve updated the app to show different parts of the stadium, if anybody is interested.

Didn't see these Leitch crosses before:

Screenshot_20190811-194814_People's Project.jpg

If this fails to go through and get built, I think it could seriously damage Everton.

It's up to the owner to make this happen. If he doesn't, I dont fancy his chances of surviving at this club much long after.

Very much agreed. If it doesn't happen then I think even any credible discussion of another project will be at least another generation away. Would be hard to see any third parties wanting to work with anyone at the club associated with such public failure. The knock-on effects with regard to sponsorship and endorsements don't bear thinking about. And I think the vast majority of fans, myself included, wouldn't have the stomach to endure talk of projects and consultations again. That's just out.

We can only hope I guess. Almost every European club of modest size and upwards has been able to push through a stadium upgrade or new build in the last 20 years. If we ultimately cannot then it is the final nail to our chances of getting back up there. It is do or die for this club.

Very much agreed. If it doesn't happen then I think even any credible discussion of another project will be at least another generation away. Would be hard to see any third parties wanting to work with anyone at the club associated with such public failure. The knock-on effects with regard to sponsorship and endorsements don't bear thinking about. And I think the vast majority of fans, myself included, wouldn't have the stomach to endure talk of projects and consultations again. That's just out.

We can only hope I guess. Almost every European club of modest size and upwards has been able to push through a stadium upgrade or new build in the last 20 years. If we ultimately cannot then it is the final nail to our chances of getting back up there. It is do or die for this club.
If it this goes west the decision will be to stay at Goodison.

You have to be a strange sort of person to actively stop the development of an unused brownfield site next to a sewage plant & stop many people getting jobs & new money coming in to the city just because your bitter about your rivals getting a new ground.
It truly boggles the mind.
Yeah but not really surprising.
rs, you always get exactly what it says in the tin.

Think they’re already hedging their bets with the money that’s been spent on Goodison the last 3 years
It'll take more than that though.

If BMD fails, there'll be a decent period set aside for mourning and the gnashing of teeth, then an announcement that the club are looking at a piecemeal redevelopment of Goodison. It's the only thing that would wash at that stage.

I cant emphasise enough how much Everton are drinking in the last chance saloon in respect to new stadium proposals...I'm actially amazed how so many people have suspended disbelief over BMD in the wake of the KD and DK scheme failures (not to mention the aborted Kirkby Golf Course and WHP proposals).

It'll take more than that though.

If BMD fails, there'll be a decent period set aside for mourning and the gnashing of teeth, then an announcement that the club are looking at a piecemeal redevelopment of Goodison. It's the only thing that would wash at that stage.

I cant emphasise enough how much Everton are drinking in the last chance saloon in respect to new stadium proposals...I'm actially amazed how so many people have suspended disbelief over BMD in the wake of the KD and DK scheme failures (not to mention the aborted Kirkby Golf Course and WHP proposals).

I thought you wanted to redevelop Goodison...