2019/20 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
A striker who doesn't and cannot score goals is a liability and should not be a teams main number 9. I find the whole thing embarrassing tbh. It seems more like sentimentality. Let him learn how to score somewhere else such as with the under 23s or on loan and then if and when he is ever ready then fine give him a run if he earns it.

We bought Kean because we cannot score goals and then low and behold, first game of an optimistic season and the cannot score merchant leads the way again. I would even prefer to give Tosun a go than DCL and he is not good enough either. Even put Richy up front temporarily if Kean isnt fit enough yet. Silva is going to cost us a lot of points in this early run of decent fixtures unless he grows a pair of balls and stops worrying about hurting DCLs feelings.

We wont win games if we dont score goals. Its really not that complicated.

He's not the best like
c8f.gif

He's ok at home because he has players running off and beyond him and he can hold it up. But away you need killer instinct on the break I am hoping Kean and Iwobi will provide that when up to speed.

We should,not be flushing the lad down the toilet - we all know he needs to develop more but time is on his side. In my opinion he plays much better when he has someone along side him that takes the pressure of his young shoulders.

You couldn't justify dropping Sigurdsson to play him and Kean. Lack of creativity would hurt us badly.

Another game of DCL leading the line, another game of DCL not threatening to score a goal. What's new?

Go and have a hamburger.

DCL has everything he just needs a foil....a target man someone who he can work off, someone who can take the pressure off him.

It seems like you and the EFC management can't see it tho.

Go and have a hamburger.

DCL has everything he just needs a foil....a target man someone who he can work off, someone who can take the pressure off him.

It seems like you and the EFC management can't see it tho.

Will somebody else slot for him?

Look im not a DCL basher, I think he has potential, hes normally quite decent at the whole lone Striker thing, against Arsenal he led almost to perfection, but to suggest hes being miss played by Silva is a total stretch. Maybe we do need to get people around him better, but hes not playing up top on his own, he has The Viking to work off.

It didnt work up top today, I thought everybody was quite poor in an attacking sense, with new players its gonna take a few games for things to start clicking, we need to be a little patient, not throw every single player under the bus, the manager, Brands, its a joke.

Meh, not a dig at you mert, just getting a bit sick of how reactionary the fanbase is.

Will somebody else slot for him?

Look im not a DCL basher, I think he has potential, hes normally quite decent at the whole lone Striker thing, against Arsenal he led almost to perfection, but to suggest hes being miss played by Silva is a total stretch. Maybe we do need to get people around him better, but hes not playing up top on his own, he has The Viking to work off.

It didnt work up top today, I thought everybody was quite poor in an attacking sense, with new players its gonna take a few games for things to start clicking, we need to be a little patient, not throw every single player under the bus, the manager, Brands, its a joke.

Meh, not a dig at you mert, just getting a bit sick of how reactionary the fanbase is.

Why do we have to play a lone striker all the time?

I'll tell you why...because no one will address the midfield...and that has a domino onto the defence.

It's not rocket science...it's basics

Status
Not open for further replies.