2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good posts Jimmy. You give clear reasoning to your thoughts and intelligently point out that many of the signings may prove good or could prove poor. And that existing players may improve or go backwards,

To give any criticism to the team or management (unless we have just lost 2 games 3-0) on this forum is seen as some sort of heresay.

Stuff like `right its time Holgate stepped up, he is first change at centre half'. `Hes never done anything wrong, still improving'.
This is horrifyingly naive stuff. The lad was bang average in the championship last year (thats why no one at that level wanted to pay a few million for him) and was exposed massively at prem level the year before.

Looks like Silva is downbeat at the press conference today. Thats all you need to know, He knows if Gbamin isnt another Gueye our centre defence will be smashed to bits by the top 10 teams and we will lose points against the bottom 10 and he will probably lose his job.

Lad why the hell you watching Everton press conferences?

Obsession aint the word.

Good posts Jimmy. You give clear reasoning to your thoughts and intelligently point out that many of the signings may prove good or could prove poor. And that existing players may improve or go backwards,

To give any criticism to the team or management (unless we have just lost 2 games 3-0) on this forum is seen as some sort of heresay.

Stuff like `right its time Holgate stepped up, he is first change at centre half'. `Hes never done anything wrong, still improving'.
This is horrifyingly naive stuff. The lad was bang average in the championship last year (thats why no one at that level wanted to pay a few million for him) and was exposed massively at prem level the year before.

Looks like Silva is downbeat at the press conference today. Thats all you need to know, He knows if Gbamin isnt another Gueye our centre defence will be smashed to bits by the top 10 teams and we will lose points against the bottom 10 and he will probably lose his job.

You still here? Shouldn’t you be focusing on the game tonight?

Silva basically saying we're not stronger in his press conference there but we're not allowed to agree with him without being called bed wetters. You have to laugh.
We aren't stronger than last season.

But in terms of the squad we are better and have more options which was the bare minimum after the window . The better the squad, the better the team can perform. The more Silva can change things and the more options on the pitch we have.

We can have a slow creative approach with Bernard and siggurdson and we can have a fast approach with Richardson and iwobi

We have defensive mids for away games and we have offensive CMS for at home. We finally have a second right back , just lacking a centre half but perhaps we do have that already and we don't realise.

Either way we are strong all over but the first 11 hasn't improved.

You mean like sigurdson, Walcott, tosun Ramirez, niasse, schneiderlin, bolasie, klassen, mina, Williams, Shani tarashaj ( oh yeah).

You mean like those players
How did Aquilani, Benteke, Carroll, Balotelli, Markovic, Downing and Robbie Keane pan out? You know, if we’re talking about previous signings.

You need to get out more if you find posting on an Everton forum you’re sense of amusement.

It was more a general question. But apologies if it felt pointed.

As one of the ones who changed my opinion on Delph... My initial reaction is the emotional one of taking a player who doesn't play a lot in a top team who's knocking on 30. Having thought about it and watched more of him with my Everton head on over a few days, I had a more sober analysis of what he offered to the team.

I do believe we're stronger in every area except center back than we were going into the window, I'm happy enough to cross my fingers on that position until January and hope we bring in reinforcements then. I'm happy we didn't run around throwing money at the wrong solutions eg Rojo on loan would have done me fine, a two year deal not so much.
No not at all, it was a fair question, and your summary is a fair one too. As I say, it's the people saying 'it's so obvious that we're better you must be an idiot not to see it' who annoy me, not the rational optimists.

I come on here for a bit of a debate about all things Everton and I know sometimes I can probably come across a bit over the top in writing. I am a perfectly normal person I promise, but unfortunately nobody that I work with is into football and I've been away from home this summer so my only chance to talk football comes on here so maybe I overdo it at times.

No not at all, it was a fair question, and your summary is a fair one too. As I say, it's the people saying 'it's so obvious that we're better you must be an idiot not to see it' who annoy me, not the rational optimists.

I come on here for a bit of a debate about all things Everton and I know sometimes I can probably come across a bit over the top in writing. I am a perfectly normal person I promise, but unfortunately nobody that I work with is into football and I've been away from home this summer so my only chance to talk football comes on here so maybe I overdo it at times.

Fair enough, I'm in the same situation living abroad and I only know one person here who really follows the premier league. Plus I can't work up any enthusiasm for AA Gent (Trophy parade on boats excepted). Majority of people here think Everton are from London.

How did Aquilani, Benteke, Carroll, Balotelli, Markovic, Downing and Robbie Keane pan out? You know, if we’re talking about previous signings.

You need to get out more if you find posting on an Everton forum you’re sense of amusement.
180mil there, in days when prices weren’t out of control

That's quite possibly the most pathetic two lines anybody has managed to write on this forum (football related) in the last week at least; that includes the utter chaos from yesterday.

In what world does a supposed Evertonian sit there watching a press conference, trying to read the mind and thoughts of the manager ? Worse believe your conclusion and throw it on here.

Status
Not open for further replies.