Confirmed Signing Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watched some YouTube clips now. Doesn't really look like a natural winger the way he moves but I like how he controls and passes the ball.

In some sequences where he's in a more central position he almost reminds me of Ever Banega, dare I say it, although I'm sure Iwobi is nowhere near Banega's vision at this point.

Could be a semi-flop, but hopefully he comes good at Everton, maximizing his potential.

I hate it when that happens.

Thanks for joining and telling us this. Some of our fans think he another boalsie or welbeck is better.

His videos look pretty good tbh. I reckon he will bring us something we dont have.

I'm excited to see pepe play this season tbh

He's much better than both of those. Those two never convinced me when they had the ball and I dont even think they knew what they were gonna do with it. Always made a difference for us when he was on the pitch. Maybe not through goal contributions directly but his ability to beat players, find a player or create chances is really being understated and undervalued here. I don't think we would have sold him if we werent in a crap position financially. I honestly would have loved to have kept him.

He was immense for us in the big games especially against Spurs from what I remember and at times I can only really remember him being the one to make things happen last season for the likes of Lacazette and Aubameyang.

I honestly believe he's coming into his own and will end up a top top player. It'd be interesting to see if he ends up at LW or as an attacking midfielder though. Good at shielding the ball and helping out on defense too.

Well, he's big, quick and has a few tricks - happy to have him in the squad. I think the problem we had with Lookman is that he wasn't very physical and didn't really press very well - I get the feeling that isn't for Silva - e.g. Richarlison really battles up front.

In my experience of PL fanbase intelligence, Arsenal's probably has the highest variance. Thankfully, all the smart, thoughtful ones are saying he'll be a good signing and some are even annoyed he's been sold; and all the thick, lairy ones are saying things like 'you lot have been mugged off'. That is undoubtedly a good sign.

Wellbeck has almost 50 England caps and has played for Man Utd and Arsenal. His ratio is actually better than I thought as as well. He is pacy, makes good runs and knows how to stretch the back line

He scored less for Arsenal in the prem than DCL did for Everton. In his best every season for Arsenal, 5 goals, 2 assists in the prem. He was great for England but..

To be honest I actually think this will be a good signing. He is very good at dribbling past people (like Lookman) but perhaps plays more balls into dangerous areas. So I view him as Mola's replacement. As in, he has some serious faults and much to improve but there is something there and something unpredictable too. Where this becomes negative is that we didn't get a Zaha or a Lozano to improve our first 11.

Oh and before someone vaults me, my 'no, no, no' outburst yesterday was in fear that we would be handing Arsenal the money to come back in late on for Zaha, which would obviously have been his preference and would have been stupid on our part.

Status
Not open for further replies.