2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very worrying indeed. Figuring Silva’s comments on his priority.

“What is the priority is the central defender, when cannot go through a tough season with Mason [Holgate], Michael [Keane] and [Yerry] Mina – even if the boy [Lewis] Gibson is working with us, he’s not ready yet for this level,” Silva told the Liverpool Echo.
Yep exactly, so what’s going on, because something would appear to be.

The two key purchases of the summer were a replacement for Zouma and a striker.

Never mind the other signings those two should have been (as feasible as possible) first through the door.

We now have potential for greater goalscoring upfront...and potential to be walked through at the back.

How on earth has he delivered a turd sandwich like that?
Well either one of two possibilities for me. Incompetence or Silva digging his heels in over who he wants. Either one is worrying and we need to sort this out in January.

He isn’t infallible unfortunately. Let’s hope Kean defies all expectations and lights the league up from the start. That might soften the blow of missing out on some big targets.

It's incompetence if a man with seniority stood for that scenario....and it's idle speculation in any case.

Brands is the senior figure. He owns this defensive crisis.
Oh of course it's a crisis Dave. Obviously. Not like literally all of the other centre halves are fit and ready to play at present or anything, including the actual first choice pair.

It's a crisis!!

Never truly believed we were going to get Zouma/Zaha yet we seemingly pursued them to the bitter end. The alternatives seemingly being Rojo/Iwobi is staggering. Though Rojo was probably plan Z at this stage.

Delph & Kean deals look a big plus, can't really comment on Gbamin without seeing him play.

After much fanfare is our first XI really better than last season? I have my doubts.

Never truly believed we were going to get Zouma/Zaha yet we seemingly pursued them to the bitter end. The alternatives seemingly being Rojo/Iwobi is staggering. Though Rojo was probably plan Z at this stage.

Delph & Kean deals look a big plus, can't really comment on Gbamin without seeing him play.

After much fanfare is our first XI really better than last season? I have my doubts.

All depends who are our first XI?

I think the "squad" has been improved.

Oh of course it's a crisis Dave. Obviously. Not like literally all of the other centre halves are fit and ready to play at present or anything, including the actual first choice pair.

It's a crisis!!

We're one injury/suspension away from having to play Holgate. Two from having to most likely play a defensive midfielder there.

It's not good and this is a failure from Brands.

I am happy with the other additions - even if we've overpaid for Iwobi - but I can't dress this up. He's cocked up and needs to fix it in Jan.

No. But our squad probably is stronger, so that's a good thing. But defensively we are in trouble if injuries hit.

We're one injury/suspension away from having to play Holgate. Two from having to most likely play a defensive midfielder there.

It's not good and this is a failure from Brands.

I am happy with the other additions - even if we've overpaid for Iwobi - but I can't dress this up. He's cocked up and needs to fix it in Jan.
Why is Mason Holgate suddenly crap by the way? He's able backup.

Status
Not open for further replies.