Confirmed Signing Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
As others have said mate: a winger capable of delivering us 8/9/10 goals was needed. Never in a million years is a player like that getting them for us.

Whatever the exact fee, you have to wonder what goes through the head of this club handing circa £30M over for Iwobi.

Utter madness.
You've been suspiciously absent all day up until this very point Dave. Funny that!

Reactions: gmb
My honest opinion -
We could’ve done better.. we had all of Europe to find a right winger. I’m kinda disappointed in Brands for this one.

Final thoughts -
He’s slightly better than Walcott.
Better dribbler but they both really suck at shooting. Hopefully Silva improves him and I will back him since he’s one of us now.

What I feared. Moshiri helping his mates out when he can.

I think there should be an investigation into the Walcott and Iwobi signings. Forensic accountants the lot.
They're certainly not easy to pick up, granted.

I said the same about Bernard, for his position he needs to contribute more goals/assists.

To be fair to Bernard though he did look a lot better in the second half of the season, and he didn't get a pre-season with us either.

My honest opinion -
We could’ve done better.. we had all of Europe to find a right winger. I’m kinda disappointed in Brands for this one.

Final thoughts -
He’s slightly better than Walcott.
Better dribbler but they both really suck at shooting. Hopefully Silva improves him and I will back him since he’s one of us now.
Also about 7 years younger than Walcott - plenty of time/room to develop that side of his game.

Well I'm not. I like Bernard but was looking for us to upgrade with a player with end product this season.

We now have three wingers Bernard, Walcott and Iwobi who couldn't hit a cow on the arse with a banjo.
You know end product can include more than goals. And in our case we need someone who does more than score. Richarlison: scores loads creates little. Gylfi: scores loads creates little outside of his good set pieces. Bernard: doesn't really score or create. Walcott: scores a bit doesn't create. Neither DCL or Kean figures to be overly creative. We need a pure creator and that's what Iwobi could be.

Status
Not open for further replies.