Transfer Rumour Zaha with poll

How do you feel about Zaha joining?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh crap - didn’t actually believe in this one but just got the word. Chuffing hell. Not an Everton I’ve seen before but bring it on!

The one thing that I can't quite get with this signing is where it fits into the longer term plan. I just don't think we are close enough to the CL to go and get someone for that price who is probably in his prime now. He's going to give his best over the next three years when the team overall is probably two to three years from being ready as a whole.

I just think the age doesn't really match up and is similar to a Gylfi type signing where he is overpriced but also a player who will almost certainly deliver. I wouldn't say Gylfi was a bad move but here we sit still two years minimum away and Gylfi is probably hitting the backside of his time. Zaha could easily do the same.

The one thing that I can't quite get with this signing is where it fits into the longer term plan. I just don't think we are close enough to the CL to go and get someone for that price who is probably in his prime now. He's going to give his best over the next three years when the team overall is probably two to three years from being ready as a whole.

I just think the age doesn't really match up and is similar to a Gylfi type signing where he is overpriced but also a player who will almost certainly deliver. I wouldn't say Gylfi was a bad move but here we sit still two years minimum away and Gylfi is probably hitting the backside of his time. Zaha could easily do the same.

Well, look at it this way, you've got to attract players to the long term plan, and by attracting one of the most consistent, and better attacking players in the Prem over the last couple of years, it shows we're serious about competing. Okay Wilfried Zaha isn't a worldwide name, but he's a very good player, who if played correctly, could be the final piece in puzzle taking us to the "next level", I'd argue Moise Kean will have the same kind of effect.

To your Sigurdsson comparison.... we signed Sigurdsson at one month off 28. Zaha will be two months off 27. You've also got to remember that Money is bizarrely changing like the wind at the moment, and had we went for Sigurdsson in his peak this summer, we'd be getting quoted similar prices.

Zaha signing, if a success, would be huge for us. People may actually start paying attention to us, and his quality would be a vast upgrade on DCL.

Well, look at it this way, you've got to attract players to the long term plan, and by attracting one of the most consistent, and better attacking players in the Prem over the last couple of years, it shows we're serious about competing. Okay Wilfried Zaha isn't a worldwide name, but he's a very good player, who if played correctly, could be the final piece in puzzle taking us to the "next level", I'd argue Moise Kean will have the same kind of effect.

To your Sigurdsson comparison.... we signed Sigurdsson at one month off 28. Zaha will be two months off 27. You've also got to remember that Money is bizarrely changing like the wind at the moment, and had we went for Sigurdsson in his peak this summer, we'd be getting quoted similar prices.

Zaha signing, if a success, would be huge for us. People may actually start paying attention to us, and his quality would be a vast upgrade on DCL.
I'm completely for signing him in the end. I just have concerns on whether we are thinking too short on this deal. For me we should be looking at building a team to compete in three years by signing high potential players or players entering their prime that can grow into a solid unit. A lot of our signing fit that. Zaha just doesn't quite. He's still a good player and I still want him but those are my concerns.

Lukaku gone, thats another 5m. mcCarthy gone small fee and wages gine. Reckon that will get it up to 80 anyway IF we bid 70 already

It looks like we put our eggs in one basket, so this needs to come off. We can’t finish this window without addressing the wing. We have done too much goodwill so far to mess this one up. I personally believe that a deal has already been agreed and Palace is trying to bring in their targets first.

It looks like we put our eggs in one basket, so this needs to come off. We can’t finish this window without addressing the wing. We have done too much goodwill so far to mess this one up. I personally believe that a deal has already been agreed and Palace is trying to bring in their targets first.
Hopefully This, Make a statement and give the 80mil and 35 for iwobi & a CB. sessegnon going to spurs for 30mil which shows where prices are.

Has there ever been a time when the club buying a player has actively helped the selling club to find thier replacement to help get thier own deal over the line? I don't mean financially but like scouting etc

I don't think we'll get him.

Palace will look stupid if they budge now and they won't be able to replace him and/or dispose of the majority of the cash quickly enough today.

We are not enough of a force to get a move like this through.

Status
Not open for further replies.