2018/19 Idrissa Gueye

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you really believe anything youve said there then fair dos to you. I disagree.

When did Gueye not winning a header cost us? He was never a player who would be tasked with going to win a header at a corner, was he?

His shooting is poor but what good team relies on their defensive mid to score goals?

When did Gueye not winning a header cost us? He was never a player who would be tasked with going to win a header at a corner, was he?

His shooting is poor but what good team relies on their defensive mid to score goals?

Mate I’m not going to enter into a discussion over the qualities of a departing player. Plus you literally seem like you argue over the colour of sh1te.

He was great at what he did. The best in the league bar Kante, and I’ll be sad to see him go.

I don’t think he’s irreplaceable.

if we are gonna go with a 4-3-3 which is what it looks like then where would Gueye fit into that? I don't understand PSG signing him tbh its not like many teams attack them in their league.

I like Gueye a lot but he has limited ability in certain areas. it will be hard to replace his defensive ability yeah but everything else could easy find an upgrade

• No player in the Premier League attempted more tackles than Gueye last season. He won 89 of his 142 tackles.
  • Leicester's Wilfred Ndidi also attempted 142 tackles and won 99, but he played five more league games.
  • Gueye therefore won more tackles per game (2.7) than any player in the Premier League.
  • Gueye completed 75 interceptions in his 33 league games, the sixth-highest in the Premier League.

That post he made just shows his class.

I’m gonna miss his Instagram posts where he makes coffees for players after matches and tags the players as coffee. It’s the little things.

Best DM in the league last season and will be tough to replace.

I look forward to seeing him smash teams up in the CL.

Mate I’m not going to enter into a discussion over the qualities of a departing player. Plus you literally seem like you argue over the colour of sh1te.

He was great at what he did. The best in the league bar Kante, and I’ll be sad to see him go.

I don’t think he’s irreplaceable.

Neither do I, but we'll have to change the system. I'm annoyed at this deal not because he's gone, but because of the change. And that will take time, so it would have been better to have got the deal done earlier in the window.

Hopefully it works out.

And I'm not meaning to be argumentative. You just made points that I disagreed with. This is a forum and we're having a discussion.

Neither do I, but we'll have to change the system. I'm annoyed at this deal not because he's gone, but because of the change. And that will take time, so it would have been better to have got the deal done earlier in the window.

Hopefully it works out.

And I'm not meaning to be argumentative. You just made points that I disagreed with. This is a forum and we're having a discussion.

Let’s agree.

Huge loss, think Marco is trying to change to a 4-3-3 anyway, decent money for the last real transfer he will make (no real sell on), need to find some obscure French league replacement as that seems to be where they’re coming from these days.

if we are gonna go with a 4-3-3 which is what it looks like then where would Gueye fit into that? I don't understand PSG signing him tbh its not like many teams attack them in their league.

I like Gueye a lot but he has limited ability in certain areas. it will be hard to replace his defensive ability yeah but everything else could easy find an upgrade

He'd play at the base of the 4-3-3, but it'd just be a different type of 6 than the traditional player who sits and pulls the strings.

You'd have Gana as the sitter who is able to cover most of the pitch, allowing the two box-to-box midfielders and fb's to push on. I imagine this will be his role at PSG, though Tuchel did use a 4-2-3-1 quite a lot last season.

I see absolutely no evidence that we're gonna go with a 4-3-3 though, despite stuff Silva has said. The likes of that Andy who go on ToffeeTV (seems a decent guy) talks like it's a sure thing. We've played it once since Silva was here, v Huddersfield when Gana wasn't fit.

If we were going to play a 4-3-3, you'd like to think we'd have played it in pre-season, even if just for a few halves, but we haven't. Even when Gylfi wasn't back Silva played a 4-2-3-1. He's stuck with the 4-2-3-1.

Delph does give us a bit of breathing room at least and then ideally yes we'll get a replacement who can play that deep role - but that replacement has to have the energy and pace over 10 yards to get about.

Status
Not open for further replies.