Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
But who could Palace attract thats better.

We constantly say these players are gash but we say this as a club looking to get 7th/push for top 6.

For Palace who want mid table%avoid relegation a player like Tosun is more than good enough.
If their scouts can’t identify players that would be more useful to them than McCarthy and Tosun then they’ve got a big problem

McCarthy is nothing special even on the rare occasion that he is fit and I can’t envision Tosun scoring many for them with the players they’d have creating for him

25%, so if I were Palace getting a chunk of the transfer as player value means less going to Utd. That's down to if Palace value McCarthy and Tosun as 25m worth.

Tosun is worth maybe £10-15m for the right team. McCarthy though, I wouldn't swap a pack of ready salted crisps for him.

One would hope this was the case.

There have been rumours of Palace showing interest in both players this summer, so once again you would hope that we're actually offering them players that they want. It also helps that the players want to go there and , more importantly, that Zaha would want to come here. I'm pretty certain we would need to sound out him or his agent before making such prominent bids otherwise we'd look totally stupid if he turns us down.

This bid is so outrageous I'd normally dismiss it as complete made up bollox, if it weren't for the fact that our first bid has generally been viewed as genuine. There are so many things that could go wrong I can't possibly see how it will go through. But it would be great if it did for a number of reasons. Firstly Zaha improves us tremendously in footballing terms. He is such a dangerous player. Secondly we are offloading 2 players who are surplus to our needs. Thirdly, their joint salaries will probably near enough cover what we'll be paying Zaha. Fourthly, we can inflate the values of both McCarthy and Tosun so we don't show book loss on them (mainly Tosun) that would effect FFP, and in doing so Palace can save grace by saying they achieved their asking price of £80m.

There. I've talked myself into it lol

Status
Not open for further replies.