Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you said we could have Zaha for 30 Million I'd obviously choose him over Malcolm right now because he's got experience in the Premier League and I'm willing to bet we could still sell him on for a profit in a few years time if we're paying that fee, so it's a future investment as well as someone we can benefit from right now. Like I've said, I rate Zaha, I just don't think he represents value for money when compared to Malcolm

If it's 30 for Malcolm and 60 for Zaha, then I'll go for Malcolm because there's a greater upside to signing the younger player, especially if we can develop him and then sell him for a decent profit

Mate I think its really small time to mention every player in terms of resale value. We arent Brentford or something ffs.

100%. I think this Zaha talk is pure fiction, and even it it has legs, it isn't the sort of signing I want us to make if we were to spend such money.

I think it is more than likely that we have discussed with CP some of our players going their.
The Zaha situation has come into the conversation at some point and the club are exploring the possibility.
This could indeed be to get Arsenal to pay up, but I don't think it is beyond the realms of possible that he could be persuaded to come here.

We have been linked with loads of players and yet only Delph has been signed (Gomes and Zouma where already in the pipeline and a back up keeper is neither here nor there).

There are probably lots of deals in the works. I just hope we plump for the right ones.

There's no doubt Zaha is good enough for Everton. He'd be our best player. However the argument is more that we'd be paying a huge fee for a player who will only decline in value and the question is whether we can afford to do this.
Whoa.
He'd be our best player ???

Not by a long shot mate.

Digne , Sigurdsson, Richarlison & Gomez are far better players than him. And I'm not sure he's any better than Bernard tbh.

Fee's never usually bother me but 80 mil on him would stink of Koeman and Walsh.
If we are spending that sort of money I would expect a Top Draw player not a run of the mill Prem player that has only ever flattered to deceive.
Big Big No from me.

Tick tock. We need cover at CB, Mina isn't reliable injuries wise. Also up front we are desperate for a striker who can score 15 + goals. Zaha might be able to play there but he isn't that. Then we have Delph currently replacing Gana which has weakened us. We need someone there too. So much to do. I am not liking the way this is panning out.

What like exactly the same as last season?

It’s games innit. If Usmanov is indeed in the shadows he’ll be loving making Arsenal pay top whack for Zaha. All about ego’s. Conversely he may be desperate to sign him before Arsenal! Or I might have made all that up. Games innit.

Maybe koronke has sucked him into paying 80m for a big bad of crap.

Mate I think its really small time to mention every player in terms of resale value. We arent Brentford or something ffs.

Of course mate, but we aren't Man City or Chelsea either

Whether we like it or not, this is the stuff that needs to considered when we buy players. Player sales are what mostly fund our player purchases don't forget

If we ever get proper proper money in the bank then yes, this stuff won't matter, but right now it does and you'd have to be kind of blinkered not to recognise that

What like exactly the same as last season?
Yes, but we have weakened this year and so far not replaced. Ok looks like there are deals in the works but I feel like we needed more time for the new players to bed in and I can't see every hole being plugged. I do hope I'm wrong, but I believe last season our mid season collapse was partly down to players still bedding in/ lack of depth and options and so far we haven't addressed it and lost two key players for us. Would have liked to have seen more progress by now, this deadline day stuff is nerve wracking.

Read nothing into transfer fees now.
AWB went from Palace for North of £50m with 1 year of Prem football.
McGuire is quoted at £80m+

The wage bill is the key factor now at the top end of football.

Listening to Big Sam on the radio saying if he was still a manager he would break the bank for Gary Cahill because he was a free agent.
That shows how out of touch with the current game he is.

I think the deal for Zaha would be more to do with getting surplus players OFF the wage bill, whilst aquiring a useful 1st team player in the process.

Maguire is a good defender bought for 50m and has improved , AWB is very young and showed he’s already a good prem defender with 10+ years ahead of him and time to improve . Zaha is 26 and I’m his prime and is bang average and scored like 30 goals in his life

Status
Not open for further replies.