New Everton Stadium Discussion

Have to say, after the 'blue wave' tease, I was expecting something more related...

...like an outer shape of stadium like that of a wave building upwards, all the way around, that lit up blue.

Or at least a wave-shaped roof.

Or at very least a curved stand.

I dont see the reference of a blue wave immediately.

That's because it's a retrospective name. :coffee: Meis only started tweeting #BlueWave during the US midterm elections, when it was a hashtag for Democrat voters. Loads of people on twitter thought he was talking about the stadium and that eventually lead him to adopt the nickname for the stadium project. He probably liked the symbolic alignment between his biggest project and his political views, but there's not much architecturally that's very wave like.

Anyway, stadium looks more or less as expected from the leaks a few months ago. Smart, very intimate, nice mixture of materials, looks like he's made a lot of the location, and that fan area looks enormous. Can't say I love the very heavy roof trussing, but apart from that I'd say good job. Will look spectacular at night I think.

Get it built! :pint2:

Currently bathing i the salty tears of all the reds responding to this while the rest of the footballing world applauds:

“wHeRe wiLl yOu pUt ThE tRoPhY cAbInEt?”

1nhqil.jpg