New Everton Stadium Discussion

The word I heard was that there's not a lot of searching for funding at this stage, more a focus on getting the PA in and then inviting (reticent and doubtful) institutional lenders. I have no idea how that will sit with the planning committee, but that seems to be the gamble the club will take.

Designs----> PA----->PP----->Funding.

Again: take / leave...all the same to me.

In which case why do you supposedly support Everton?

I just don't get those 'disappointed' with this (or the design). Its got to happen and it looks good to me. Whether it'll ever get to 62,000 I'm sceptical about. But we'll certainly fill it at 52,000.
I grew up within 1 mile of Goodison Park and it'll be a wrench.....but whats not to like about this 'project'. If it gets delivered it could be the start of a new era for our brilliant club.

I'm not blown away with it, but it still looks great.

I'll take it, please. Very definitely.

Pretty much where I'm at.

Looks nice but not quite worthy of the self publicising build up our 'retained starchitect' has been giving it for the last 3 years.

Great to get some more visual details but all the big non aesthetic questions remain live. I'm yet to be convinced that the club can pull this off and yet to be convinced that if we somehow do manage to get it built that it will do all that much to change our financial reality for the better.

Our San Mamés if you like. But I'd definitely take that flavour of outcome over another 30 years of off pitch stasis.