New Everton Stadium Discussion

Have to say, after the 'blue wave' tease, I was expecting something more related...

...like an outer shape of stadium like that of a wave building upwards, all the way around, that lit up blue.

Or at least a wave-shaped roof.

Or at very least a curved stand.

I dont see the reference of a blue wave immediately.

There's no contradiction mate. If we're at Goodison it has to build on that history...because that's ingrained into the place. We'd have to "Fenway Park type" capitalise on that.

On a new build the rules of the game HAVE to change.

Our new design is built to replicate the "on top" nature of Goodison, why change that? OR are you just moving the proverbial goalposts again?

Is there anything about bars, restaurant, how it's going to be a match day experience etc

There are some major plans for the area called the Ten Streets project which plans to have loads of bars, restaurants, living quarters and theatres etc.

https://www.tenstreetsliverpool.co.uk/

It could do with the regeneration too. Currently your options are limited to the Bramley Moore pub, the Titanic or Garys trailer cafe basically.

Grumpy sod, why copy another design? Each to there own opinion of course mind.
I just dont buy into that warehouse/glass roof look. It's clumsy. It doesn't sit right. It;s neither a convincing tip of the hat to the past or a nod in the direction of the future. It's neither and it looks awkward.

We have the Mersey to cover over all blemishes though...and IF it ever is built, I'm convinced the design will change significantly.