2018/19 Kurt Zouma

Status
Not open for further replies.
If there’s a plus to this it’s that Chelsea have made there intentions clear (well, sort of) with 3 weeks to go and not 3 days. If they’re keeping him we need to move onto other targets and not waste time. Zouma is great and fits the club but with Yerry’s legs being made out of Lego, Jags gone and Holgate possibly covering RB we need at least another proper CB

Exactly that is what should have been on the agendas not keeping fingers crossed for Zouma when a new manager turns up.

Or just sign someone cheaper to be backup to Mina. Someone different, reliable, solid and a lot cheaper than Zouma. Spend the money elsewhere.

Or just sign someone cheaper to be backup to Mina. Someone different, reliable, solid and a lot cheaper than Zouma. Spend the money elsewhere.
What if the manager doesn't see Mina and Keane as a pair, and that's why he brought Zouma in in the first place, and was willing to spend a huge amount of money on him?

If I was Zouma I would not put in a transfer request and would stay at a club with far more money, far better prospects football wise and with far better players. Take off your Everton hats and say you would do different if you were Zouma..

Disagree.

They just lost Hazard who was a truely world class player.
They have an aging squad and a transfer ban with a gameshow quiz captain at the helm.

What if the manager doesn't see Mina and Keane as a pair, and that's why he brought Zouma in in the first place, and was willing to spend a huge amount of money on him?
What if they both thought Yerry Mina was better than Zouma, which is why they bought one and only went for a loan with the other?

If I was Zouma I would not put in a transfer request and would stay at a club with far more money, far better prospects football wise and with far better players. Take off your Everton hats and say you would do different if you were Zouma..
That’s if Lampard was going to play him regularly, he’s said he wants him to be part of the squad, there is a bit of a difference there.

Surely Marco brought in Zouma on deadline day loan as he knew the Mina that was coming was an injured Mina....
And beyond that, if Mina isn't going to make it as a starter, they should sell him. Tyrone Mings got signed for 26M. Mina would go for a ton.

The reason he won't do that is because Mina is a good CB with the potential to be outstanding. I just think the more realistic scenario is that Zouma stays at Chelsea and we go with someone like Adama Soumaoro as a sound back and occasional starter for like 15M. Spend the big bucks on CF and RW.

Status
Not open for further replies.