Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Niasse up front lol. Niasse won’t be anywhere near the team for the palace game or any of the games after that
I agree. But he may be if our signings aren't ready to come in yet. DCL will not be able to play a full 90 for the first few matches with no pre season, Richarlison ditto and Tosun is injured as well as useless = Niasse!

Really it just shows how thin our squad is. I'm not panicking. I think we'll get it sorted personally, just saying if it goes to the wire, I'm not sure what we would do for forward options.

We won't replace Calvert Lewin until he retires. His replacement will come back in 2030. Welcome home again Wayne.

_20190719_012317.JPG

100% would have had him upfront for us last season.

He’s too slow now. He’d score the odd decent individual goal but the shape of the team would have suffered. I think Richarlison at 9 was the formation Silva likes but he couldn’t rely on Walcott or Lookman to perform on the right so he put Rico out there and brought DCL in. Tosun has barely had a look for the same reason, he’s too slow.

He’s too slow now. He’d score the odd decent individual goal but the shape of the team would have suffered. I think Richarlison at 9 was the formation Silva likes but he couldn’t rely on Walcott or Lookman to perform on the right so he put Rico out there and brought DCL in. Tosun has barely had a look for the same reason, he’s too slow.

Nah he's still quick, was the fastest recorded player at united before he left. Would of buried many chances for us.

His wages are the reason he got turfed,

So, we finished about were we do now.

When he scored all his goals, rest of our team hardly scores any...look at us now and before him...still finished around the same position.
Because our defense was crap. I'm confused, you would rather have a striker that scored 25 goals? Are you suggesting Lukaku from three seasons ago wouldn't make this team a lot better?

We finished 8th last year. We were a MUCH better team last year. We scored more goals. We gave up fewer goals. We did virtually everything better. Would you rather have the team from two years ago?

The problem with Brands is he wants to negotiate for every penny of every transfer when sometimes you need to just pay the money when you're very weak in a particular area.

Liverpool paid £75 million for Van Dijk and £65 mil for Alison because they were desperate in those positions.

West ham have not spent weeks negotiating with Frankfurt for Haller they've just gone all out and got him a week after being rejected by Gomez.

Yes its better to do things Brands way for 90% of the time but that 10% is when you need to just pay the money- thats what we need to do with the striking situation.
OK, but those are pretty different situations. Liverpool literally needed good players at like 2 positions, CB and GK, and had just sold Coutinho for a bazillion dollars. We have many more holes than that and not even close to levels of revenue that LFC had. We aren't there, yet.

Raiola is drumming up interest in the Kean. Everton are linked with him because of the relationship Mosh has with him. Silva does not want to spend £40m on a player with less PL experience than our current striker (DCL) who cost almost nothing and won't go down the same route as Koeman & Allardyce.

We won't sign a striker until Tosun is shifted, and he doesn't want to leave.

See I do t get why we wouldn’t take the gamble ... 40m isn’t that much these days and westham have just spent more than that on a player with no experience In the prem, buying prem experiences players is the route that koeman took and we ended up with bolasie , coco, Williams etc once players play here their value sky rockets and that’s where the money is to be made. Just need to spend on players that have been scouted , scouted and scouted again to minimise the risk.

The problem with Brands is he wants to negotiate for every penny of every transfer when sometimes you need to just pay the money when you're very weak in a particular area.

Liverpool paid £75 million for Van Dijk and £65 mil for Alison because they were desperate in those positions.

West ham have not spent weeks negotiating with Frankfurt for Haller they've just gone all out and got him a week after being rejected by Gomez.

Yes its better to do things Brands way for 90% of the time but that 10% is when you need to just pay the money- thats what we need to do with the striking situation.
You can’t be serious lol

our squad has more holes and we haven’t sold a player for 100m+

Status
Not open for further replies.