Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think my head would melt if we signed Mario and one of the young strikers and Mario started 25 league games and didn't hit double digits.

I can see his attraction.

While he has primarily served as a striker or as target-man in the penalty area, courtesy of his height, aerial prowess, and physical strength,[nb 1] Mandžukić's work-rate, generosity, tactical intelligence, and versatility have been demonstrated by his willingness to play in many different positions across or behind the front line; throughout his career, he has also been deployed as a winger, as a second striker, as an attacking midfielder, or even as a wing-back, positions which allow him the freedom to attack from deeper areas, support his more offensive teammates, and cover defensively for full-backs making overlapping attacking runs. Indeed, in particular since he joined Juventus, competition from other forwards has often seen Mandžukić being used in these deeper or wider, more creative roles under manager Massimiliano Allegri, in which he has excelled, drawing praise from the media for his consistently high-quality performances, because of his ability to hold up the ball with his back to goal and play off of his teammates, or drop into midfield to help win back the ball when his team are not in possession.

But the fellas 33 years old, not everybody is Zlatan.

I can see his attraction.

While he has primarily served as a striker or as target-man in the penalty area, courtesy of his height, aerial prowess, and physical strength,[nb 1] Mandžukić's work-rate, generosity, tactical intelligence, and versatility have been demonstrated by his willingness to play in many different positions across or behind the front line; throughout his career, he has also been deployed as a winger, as a second striker, as an attacking midfielder, or even as a wing-back, positions which allow him the freedom to attack from deeper areas, support his more offensive teammates, and cover defensively for full-backs making overlapping attacking runs. Indeed, in particular since he joined Juventus, competition from other forwards has often seen Mandžukić being used in these deeper or wider, more creative roles under manager Massimiliano Allegri, in which he has excelled, drawing praise from the media for his consistently high-quality performances, because of his ability to hold up the ball with his back to goal and play off of his teammates, or drop into midfield to help win back the ball when his team are not in possession.

But the fellas 33 years old, not everybody is Zlatan.
Him and Costa both were truly top class and would have been absolute dream signings 2-3 years back but they've both been well off their career levels recently and are well the wrong side of 30.

Honestly I could still talk myself into Mandzukic but only if he's going to be a super sub and occasional starter. I worry we would be seeing him every week and that would be bad.

Him and Costa both were truly top class and would have been absolute dream signings 2-3 years back but they've both been well off their career levels recently and are well the wrong side of 30.

Honestly I could still talk myself into Mandzukic but only if he's going to be a super sub and occasional starter. I worry we would be seeing him every week and that would be bad.

I would have sold 1 of my kids for either of them, as you say 2 or 3 years ago.

Leao or Kean ?

You tube vids are what they are but Leao not that impressed with to be honest

Kean seems to look more the part imo

Again just my opinion from videos.

Anyone on here have any more insight.

Status
Not open for further replies.