New Everton Stadium Discussion

Over all, the way it's going ? doesn't look too bad for a carpet bagger mate.
It looks precisely like the way it went with the other carpetbagger Kenwright at Kirkby.

I hope it gets up off the drawing board and gets built. My attitude is simply this: I'm done with these liars at Everton talking about 'iconic stadiums', 'new homes', and a 'facility led recovery'. They need to just get one of these projects through - done and dusted. The club are going to face a deluge of opponents to this. I remain hopeful but realistic.

No funding; no PP. If both change then my attitude changes.

It looks precisely like the way it went with the other carpetbagger Kenwright at Kirkby.

I hope it gets up off the drawing board and gets built. My attitude is simply this: I'm done with these liars at Everton talking about 'iconic stadiums', 'new homes', and a 'facility led recovery'. They need to just get one of these projects through - done and dusted. The club are going to face a deluge of opponents to this. I remain hopeful but realistic.

this ^^^

It looks very promising from recent quotes and leaks etc ..

BUT i'll believe it when I actually SEE it... literally SEE it too.

this ^^^

It looks very promising from recent quotes and leaks etc ..

BUT i'll believe it when I actually SEE it... literally SEE it too.
I'm excited for those who are hopeful for the project. But if asked my opinion on it I cant do anything other than look at what's happened in the last 15 years. KD/DK/WHP all nonsense at the end of the day. And time wasting nonsense at that.

He will be adamant it is all a sham. That the club is pulling the wool over our eyes for some nefarious reason. Though what that reason is, who knows?

Alternatively he might get onboard with the idea that Everton do want to build a new stadium at Bramley Moore Dock.

Can't see it being the latter mate

I'm excited for those who are hopeful for the project. But if asked my opinion on it I cant do anything other than look at what's happened in the last 15 years. KD/DK/WHP all nonsense at the end of the day. And time wasting nonsense at that.

New regime now mate. Things have changed.

lol Your attitude won't change though. It can't. It's just the way you are.
WHEN funding is announced and PP is granted you MAY concede that you were wrong on those particular points, but then you'll just find something else to be negative about - NOT BIG ENOUGH, WRONG SHAPE, USED THE WRONG MATERIALS etc. etc.
Not meant as a criticism BTW.
IF your general attitude ever does change, then please consider changing your user name, as you will no longer be @davek

As the site has WHS, by definition it is of national significance. Consequently, and in view of the extensive critism of the council's management of the site by UNESCO, it will be called in by the minister for review by the Planning Inspectorate. Just to be certain.
How much longer will this delay proceedings by?