Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bit of an odd theory. He got playing time and experience, I think that counts for something?
Not really. If he was playing up top we wouldn't say he's gotten experience to improve as a CB and playing RB in a back 3 system isn't even close to the same as playing CB in a back 4. My guess is he's the same level as when he left.

Well as it currently stands we have Gana and Gomes playing in the middle with Siggy higher up. If he gets hurt then we need another center mid in there, which would as it stands be one of Davies, Williams, Schneiderlin or McCarthy. Sell those latter 2 (which could be on the cards) then we're left with two younger players to fill in if needed, so bringing in a Delph makes sense as he's an experienced head
All true, but in that scenario he is a replacement for Schneiderlin as he is the only one who ventures on to the pitch. McCarthy is a non-entity, he has contributed net zero to this football club in the last three seasons.

Seeing as Newcastle aren’t getting bought by a Sheik, currently have no manager, no strikers, look likely to appoint Steve Bruce as manager and are now reduced to shopping in the Bolasie and McCarthy transfer shop.

I feel that now would be a good time to refresh everyone’s memories as to the musings of @GwladysBlue on the subject of Newcastle overtaking Everton as a club.

He really is a silly billy.

Outstanding work my friend.

Not really. If he was playing up top we wouldn't say he's gotten experience to improve as a CB and playing RB in a back 3 system isn't even close to the same as playing CB in a back 4. My guess is he's the same level as when he left.

But he isn’t playing up top, he’s playing in defence, so it’s not even a comparison worth making. In fact what on earth are you even blathering on about?

But he isn’t playing up top, he’s playing in defence, so it’s not even a comparison worth making. In fact what on earth are you even blathering on about?
It's really simple. RB is not the same as CB and playing RB doesnt make you a better CB. They're different positions and while they share some skills it isn't enough to say Holgate is now a better CB because he had 10 good games at RB.

Can’t believe we’re finally running the club with some financial sense and also going for good footballers absolute JOKE.

Kenwrong, Moshwrong and BrandyAndy O U T

Status
Not open for further replies.