Old Everton Pictures

same game - Labby and Alex Parker thwart the Hull attack -
View attachment 62455
They came and put in a hard fought effort, we weren't on or best form and had to first win the fightball, before playing our football, well what little we could when not firing on all cylinders.
We then had to do the away game replay Vs Leeds and they were even harder fought...which led to the Battle of Goodison the following Nov...and if that wasn't enough we played them in the 4th round again in 64-65, with nearly 66,000 cramming in to watch us lose the replay.
Strange days indeed

Oh and I think that No2 might be Sandy Brown

Correct with Sandy Brown ,he played at number 2 in all 5 fa cup games..
2 against Hull (replay)
2 against Leeds(replay)
and against Sunderland got beat 3-1 ....
Blame me that was my first ever away game....

They came and put in a hard fought effort, we weren't on or best form and had to first win the fightball, before playing our football, well what little we could when not firing on all cylinders.
We then had to do the away game replay Vs Leeds and they were even harder fought...which led to the Battle of Goodison the following Nov...and if that wasn't enough we played them in the 4th round again in 64-65, with nearly 66,000 cramming in to watch us lose the replay.
Strange days indeed

Oh and I think that No2 might be Sandy Brown
Alex Parker in my bible checked it out ;)

Its on piss hill AKA the kop
Yes on the two occasions I stood up n the Kop in derbys as it held 20,000 plus standing at least 3-4 thousand blues fans stood middle tier just to the right of the goal nets dressed in the blue gear but as young kid I was mid way to the left hand side getting crushed it really was a fearsome end to go in dressed in your blue and white gear, but in those days their fans were ok....with it being all ticket the Kop was your last choice .....the anfield road end was a mass of blues fans.....

Sorry Joey...
Parker played 17 league games from Aug.63 to mid Nov.63... 17 games in all.
Never made another appearance that season..
We played Hull in Jan.1964
2 games in 3 days.. with Sandy Brown playing number 2...