Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
He's not coming here to be backup. He's expecting to play all the time. And he's pretty average as anything. I don't get it honestly.
We won’t be telling any new signing you are a guaranteed starter even Gomes.
Well maybe we might have to if we want Pépé ha ha

I’m not a big fan of Delph, but obviously brands and silva believes he will offer us a lot more than what Davies, Schneiderlin, Besic & McCarthy can

Just like buying Malcom, all of a sudden we will have 3 quality wide players for 2 positions. But it doesn’t mean Malcom won’t spend time on the bench. It’s just better fir the team/squad going forward than having Richarlison/Bernard. Then lookman, Walcott, Bolasie and mirralas as the back up.

I think the problem here is that the next signing everyone wanted was a big name or an sxciting youngster. He will do a job in the squad and probably fits a midfield better to the way Silva wants to play. I

We won’t be telling any new signing you are a guaranteed starter even Gomes.
Well maybe we might have to if we want Pépé ha ha

I’m not a big fan of Delph, but obviously brands and silva believes he will offer us a lot more than what Davies, Schneiderlin, Besic & McCarthy can

Just like buying Malcom, all of a sudden we will have 3 quality wide players for 2 positions. But it doesn’t mean Malcom won’t spend time on the bench. It’s just better fir the team/squad going forward than having Richarlison/Bernard. Then lookman, Walcott, Bolasie and mirralas as the back up.
Why would you think he would be OK being a bit part player at City where he won trophies everywhere to come to Everton to sit on the bench here? There HAS to have been "assurances" made to him.

Delph doesn't really fit the box to box powerhouse we need. The 'he can play left back' is irrelevant because we wouldn't have re-signed baines.

Like others, got nothing against Delph, I just don't understand what his role will be. It won't be too replace gueye, surely not? If it was, we'd surely want a powerhouse like doucoure. Although, selling Gana for £35m and replacing him for £8m does go a long way to affording all these attackers.

Delph doesn't really fit the box to box powerhouse we need. The 'he can play left back' is irrelevant because we wouldn't have re-signed baines.

Like others, got nothing against Delph, I just don't understand what his role will be. It won't be too replace gueye, surely not? If it was, we'd surely want a powerhouse like doucoure. Although, selling Gana for £35m and replacing him for £8m does go a long way to affording all these attackers.

I wouldn’t say delph is replacing Gana. No way.

If anything McCarthy and besic out = delph in

Smart business make about £7m net profit in transfer fees and then probably save £10k a week in wages

Good signing if the wages are in check. Surely this means the centre midfield cull will start soon. I'd be happy with 4 cms, gomes, gana, delph, Davies. No big histories of injuries with any of those and we can move schneiderlin, besic and mccarthy on without feeling it.

Why would you think he would be OK being a bit part player at City where he won trophies everywhere to come to Everton to sit on the bench here? There HAS to have been "assurances" made to him.
Because he played 11 games for city last year and he has a year left. Everton are offering him a 3yr deal probably on wages similar to city. Maybe he doesn’t think a similar offer will be on the table next summer.

Also maybe he’s a very confident person and thinks he will get into our team.

Status
Not open for further replies.