Confirmed Signing Fabian Delph

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meh, hopefully he's another Barry. Everybody was shrugging their shoulders over that one as well but look what a great signing he was for a few years.

Maybe he's viewed as a replacement for Gueye?
I did think this tbh. Annoyed that we have paid exactly what City paid for him 5 years go though and he’s out of contract in 12 months

It will take a lot to make me happy if this does happen.

Might fail his medical I suppose.
It's weird though because I think when he left Villa everyone would have been happy to sign him. He's gone to City and not done a lot wrong and now he's poor? He's still decent, he can cover Gomes, Gana and Digne and we are paying 1/3rd of a Mings. Even though he has no resale value that means nothing on 8 million.

I honestly like this tbh, 8million is nothing, fully expect his wages to be around 60k and you’re bringing in a multiple time Premier League winner and some leadership
If he can do a job for City he can do a job for us - good cover option
I say all this under the impression he’s not going to start like and I’m not going to depress myself thinking otherwise

People were mad about Barry and then he was the best player of the Martinez years.

Exactly. At least we're bringing in a winner and solid pro. Even if he turns out useless on the pitch, off it he'll be worth his weight in gold as an example for the younger players much like Kompany was for City the past few years.

I'm fine with it as long as we sign another central mid.

Exactly. At least we're bringing in a winner and solid pro. Even turns useless on the pitch, off it he'll be worth his weight in gold as an example for the younger players much like Kompany was for City the past few years.

I'm fine with it as long as we sign another central mid.
I can almost guarantee if we do this it is so we don't have to sign another CM (assuming Gueye stays) and can really invest in the attacking areas.

Would Delph if completed really want to come to be a sub/back up whatever,surely he would want to move to somewhere were he will start/play most games

Status
Not open for further replies.