New Everton Stadium Discussion

Folk may knock him, but I think Meis is genuinely 100% buzzing with whatever it is he has in store. Like a proper pinnacle design moment in his career.

Just my opinion of course

It may end up looking like Stokes ground, But.... just got this feeling he's been sitting on something special and by the end of the month we'll all be feeling good about ourselves after seeing something special.

Folk may knock him, but I think Meis is genuinely 100% buzzing with whatever it is he has in store. Like a proper pinnacle design moment in his career.

Just my opinion of course

It may end up looking like Stokes ground, But.... just got this feeling he's been sitting on something special and by the end of the month we'll all be feeling good about ourselves after seeing something special.

I think that Liverpool's status as a city - and whether we like or not LFC's champions league win, the history of both clubs the Beatles, the waterfront, the culture, the iconic architecture - all should motivate him to do something special - he knows it's going to be an icon for the city and that it'll transform the waterfront - I would expect something special too otherwise he wouldn't live up to his own status and reputation as a designer. it's the hope that kills us! But it will be amazing

I've heard the designs are being put back by a month.

Where and what have you heard? I can't believe that. They've announced every step well in advance so they can't have got something like that wrong. I can't imagine they haven't had it ready to go and have settled on a date in advance. Things seem to be better organised now (apart from the kit Leak lol)

Ooh Mr Meis having a Twitter fume. He’s been winding up Evertonians on twitter for over 2 years with his Dock teasing tweets & photos, then gets the hump because a bit of criticism about how long this is all taking. Get a fecking grip. You’re getting handsomely rewarded, I would imagine.

My dads too proud to be in a chair. We walk to the ground from Baardsey road area now after parking but my biggest worry is this new ground wont have anything decent to cater for it in the surrouding area. So the new ground needs to have good parking and a good amount of it.
I don’t think parking will be massive, tbh. There is a lot of pressure on new developments to be greener as the country tries to reduce our carbon emissions.

Hopefully a better transport infrastructure is put in place with regards to a light rail, possibility expanding Sandhills if a new station isn’t viable, better bus routes, etc.

Ooh Mr Meis having a Twitter fume. He’s been winding up Evertonians on twitter for over 2 years with his Dock teasing tweets & photos, then gets the hump because a bit of criticism about how long this is all taking. Get a fecking grip. You’re getting handsomely rewarded, I would imagine.

He's a top architect working on a project to make fans jaws drop, the delays aren't in his control and will be frustrating for him as well. If I was him, I'd have a fume at narky blerts on the internet having a pop to fill up their own empty lives too.

the council or private company will put transport links in, its not just a stadium being built, hotels shopping etc
What kind of transport links will they be then
the council or private company will put transport links in, its not just a stadium being built, hotels shopping etc
What kind of transport links would thos
I don’t think parking will be massive, tbh. There is a lot of pressure on new developments to be greener as the country tries to reduce our carbon emissions.

Hopefully a better transport infrastructure is put in place with regards to a light rail, possibility expanding Sandhills if a new station isn’t viable, better bus routes, etc.
put in place when?
There currently isnt any.
Unfortunately I dont share your enthusiasm on this matter.
Once this stadium is up and running Transport/parking will be a constant complaint on here.
There needs to be some sort of transport system for this area...but I suspect thars in the hands of the private sector...if theres no money to be made then they wont be interested.

What kind of transport links will they be then

What kind of transport links would thos

put in place when?
There currently isnt any.
Unfortunately I dont share your enthusiasm on this matter.
Once this stadium is up and running Transport/parking will be a constant complaint on here.
There needs to be some sort of transport system for this area...but I suspect thars in the hands of the private sector...if theres no money to be made then they wont be interested.

I'm not sure you understand how urban regeneration works.

Transport and infrastructure will be invested and talked about during planning. It'll be very well connected.