New Everton Stadium Discussion

Please tell me what is unambitious about building a fabulous stadium on a world renowned waterfront location, from scratch, versus lobbing a few thousand extra plastic/temporary seats in a council owned athletics stadium every 2 weeks.

The capacity is only 52K rather than 52m and everyone knows you measure the size of the club by its stadium capacity

Stadium quality doesn’t matter here lad

Please tell me what is unambitious about building a fabulous stadium on a world renowned waterfront location, from scratch, versus lobbing a few thousand extra plastic/temporary seats in a council owned athletics stadium every 2 weeks.
I’ve just told you what is unambitious - the size of the stadium.

We’re aiming to build the 8TH biggest stadium in the country. It’ll be the 9th, when Chelsea eventually get their plans up and running.

We’re aiming to build the 8TH biggest stadium in the country. It’ll be the 9th, when Chelsea eventually get their plans up and running.

So what lad ?

It’s bigger and much better than where we are now and we would be building it from scratch.

Watching football at the London Stadium is a horror show and a good 20 minutes walk back to the nearest station

So what lad ?

It’s bigger and much better than where we are now and we would be building it from scratch.

Watching football at the London Stadium is a horror show and a good 20 minutes walk back to the nearest station
That would be fine if we were competing with ourselves, but we’re not. No other Premier League club has gone for a smaller capacity increase than Everton when building a new stadium.

So you would rather a 65000 seater in a rubbish location, with rubbish facilities, and that looks bang awful? Cos its easier.

Or an iconic stadium in an iconic location?

That would be fine if we were competing with ourselves, but we’re not. No other Premier League club has gone for a smaller capacity increase than Everton when building a new stadium.

Having a bigger capacity doesn’t guarantee anything does it though. It’s what’s on the pitch not what the ground size is.

Oh and don’t give me anything about ambition because if we weren’t ambitious then we wouldn’t be building a new ground on the docks we would be tarting up Goodison instead

The club dropped a massive bollock with 52k.

I think most fans would accept say 55k even though its just 3000 more seats it has that feeling of ambition to keep the fans happy whilst at the same time also not being expensive as a say 60k ground.

When even Kenwright says it should be 55k you know the club have it wrong.

Im just hoping the capacity is finalised once images are released this/next month so atleast fans know whats going on - surely they have to decide before PP is applied for and official images of the ground released?

So you would rather a 65000 seater in a rubbish location, with rubbish facilities, and that looks bang awful? Cos its easier.

Or an iconic stadium in an iconic location?
I’d rather a 55,000-60,000 stadium. The facilities are going to be improved upon anyway, given that they can’t get much worse than what we’ve currently got.

The Kings Dock was going to be 55k, have we lost fans in that time?

What makes stadiums iconic is the team that plays in them.