Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
it’s 5am so obviously this post is complete nonsense, but Isco would turn us into title challengers*

*i do not own football manager or fifa, i know that comment was ridiculous, be nice to me please

it’s 5am so obviously this post is complete nonsense, but Isco would turn us into title challengers*

*i do not own football manager or fifa, i know that comment was ridiculous, be nice to me please
Imagine you'd have said that about Vardy and Leicester a few years ago, you would have been certified.

Used to think why on earth isn’t he getting minutes ahead of Walcott Then when silva made those comments, I understood. He really needs to knuckle down in training and apply himself fully in every training session. Then when he does get the opportunity, be it a rare start or minutes off the bench, he has to take that opportunity, making it impossible for silva to leave him out. He only needs to look at Bernard as a role model. One of the slightest players in the league, but also one of the hardest working, with and without the ball.

Bernard was dropped for long periods at Shaktar by Lucescu for being unprofessional, this included turning up late for training and not putting the requisite effort in. Bernard decided to step up.

I coach sport at a much lower level (that where I’m going now at this mad hour!) but I’ve learned over time that no matter how talented the athlete, if their commitment/attitude etc isn’t whats required, it’s best for the group as a whole, that the individual plies their trade elsewhere.

It’s hard to know exactly what’s going on with this kid and indeed it would be a shame if he did leave, only to go on to become what many feel he could.

Isco from a few years ago walks into any team in the world. Not sure what’s gone on with him. He was a sensation at Malaga when he first came on the scene.

@Barnfred 55

There are two opposite trains of thought here:

@Barnfred 55 would prefer us to (in general) keep players who perform well in the championship or indeed show potential to make it to our level (perhaps as a squad player). Or perhaps loan them out until their value reaches something 'interesting'.

@Eggs who feels that if players are loaned out once they have a few appearances under their belt (e.g Kenny/Holgate) then that should be a green light to sell

*both in general terms.

With Virginia and the rumoured Reading loan, every poster (so far) has agreed that its a great move to send him on loan to get experience with us having Lossl and Stekelenburg as backup.

Kenny has received mixed opinions with some suggesting @davek that he should be usurping Coleman, @Eggs stating at his age he should be in the squad or sold and others believing a loan could give him the experience to kick-on and be a good backup right back for us in 12months time.

Holgates was viewed as a loan to a sale...but for me personally i thought it was because we had 3 right backs and lots of centre backs so he got valuable game time.

Its really a difficult one,

LB - Robinson
CB - Feeney
RB/CB - Holgate
RB - Kenny
DM - Baningime
CM - Williams
AM - Dowell
WF - Onyekuru
WF - Lookman

Thats 9 players off the top of my head where decisions have to be made to keep/ loan / sell.

I am ALWAYS in favour of going for youth when its a high potential player.

But, lets say that selling all of them netted us £60million and we had buyback and sell on clauses for all of them...would that be a bad deal?

If we had the same level of signings as last season, then i think thats the way to go.

However, there will be some cases (such as with Kenny) where hes proven himself to be good enough as backup and so perhaps deserves a full season elsewhere to see if he improves.

Its a balancing act.

In the case of Williams, whats the problem with selling him as long as we have a sell on + a buyback clause? I see no harm in that.
Much to like in this post. Food for thought and so on ...

We loaned them a player who can’t make our squad some weeks and he starred in their first team.

If we played them multiple times I’d be confident we’d win the fair share.
He was indeed fantastic in his last minutes for RBL, but he was playing well advanced and in high paced, high scoring matches, almost always with two strikers in front of him. Incidentally, they got smoked in two of those 5 matches and tied the other. They also finished 6th, it wasn't their best team.

Now this year, they finished 3rd and scored 63 goals while only giving up 29. It's a totally different team and Emil Forsberg from January on pretty much played the same position and was probably MORE productive, so not sure Lookman would be getting the same game time. Who knows?

Bernard was dropped for long periods at Shaktar by Lucescu for being unprofessional, this included turning up late for training and not putting the requisite effort in. Bernard decided to step up.

I coach sport at a much lower level (that where I’m going now at this mad hour!) but I’ve learned over time that no matter how talented the athlete, if their commitment/attitude etc isn’t whats required, it’s best for the group as a whole, that the individual plies their trade elsewhere.

It’s hard to know exactly what’s going on with this kid and indeed it would be a shame if he did leave, only to go on to become what many feel he could.

I remember he did that and put in a transfer request along with most other foreign players due to the Russian 'war'...

He was indeed fantastic in his last minutes for RBL, but he was playing well advanced and in high paced, high scoring matches, almost always with two strikers in front of him. Incidentally, they got smoked in two of those 5 matches and tied the other. They also finished 6th, it wasn't their best team.

Now this year, they finished 3rd and scored 63 goals while only giving up 29. It's a totally different team and Emil Forsberg from January on pretty much played the same position and was probably MORE productive, so not sure Lookman would be getting the same game time. Who knows?
They wanted Lookman back bad so I'm sure he would have still got his chances. He was just as good as Forsberg too although a small sample size.

They wanted Lookman back bad so I'm sure he would have still got his chances. He was just as good as Forsberg too although a small sample size.
Maybe. His numbers are still relative, though.

Regardless, RBL would beat on us pretty good I would think.

.....here you go folks, here’s a round-up of Toffee transfer rumours for the morning of Saturday 6th July;

- The Times and Daily Mirror report CSKA Moscow are interested in signing Everton’s 22 year old winger, Henry Onyekuru.

- According to ‘Get Reading’, Everton’s 19 year old, 6ft 3in goalkeeper, Joao Virginia is about to join Reading on loan.

- A report from Julio Insa of Radio Esport says Everton have emerged as late entrants to sign Celta Vigo striker, Maxi Gómez, having bid €40.5m. The 22 year old Uruguayan who seemed destined for Valencia and then West Ham, scored 30 goals in 71 games last season.

- Gazzetta dello Sport suggest Ajax are in talks to sign Everton linked striker, Moise Kean, from Juventus. They are considering the possibility of a deal involving ongoing Juventus interest in Matthijs de Ligt.

- The Daily Star report Frank Lampard has decided to take a closer look at Kurt Zouma before deciding whether to sell the Centre Back to Everton.

- There are continued links with Stoke midfielder, Badou Ndiaye and Torino defender Armando Izzo.

Maybe. His numbers are still relative, though.

Regardless, RBL would beat on us pretty good I would think.
In a 7 game series they'd win easy. Two legged tie we could maybe do them but they'd be favorites.

Honestly Forsberg for Lookman wouldnt be the worst swap deal ever done.

Status
Not open for further replies.