New Everton Stadium Discussion

Did a dry run today.

I'm a relatively fit oldie, so with a brisk walk took me 35 minutes from James Street Station.

The immediate area represents a lost Liverpool, with some reminders of what would have been a thriving dockside community, now sadly run down and largely denuded of housing.

Some fantastic old dock warehouses, ripe for hotel or flat conversations. Today was lovely, weather wise, but no way would I fancy that walk in winter.

A fantastic potential location, but no way could it be seen as 'city centre'.

Aside from the stadium build, transport links and associated infrastructure will need to be in place.

PS. Some lowlife, obviously an RS beaut had fly-tipped a microwave and sofa in the dock entrance. ;)

Logistic and location wise was a non starter.
Who in there right mind thought that one up , upwards of 55 k stadium stadling a main artery in and out of the city.
I expected more from a well thought of Civil Engineer like Hughes.

I dont think he thought it up, tbf. But all things have to be compared to what was trying to be avoided at that time - Kirkbygeddon.

Relatively short time period in the grand scheme of things.
How long did Spurs take ?
12 years.

Here ya go:

The final stadium development was started around 2012 and designs revealed in 2015, but its progress is inextricable from the previous failed development on the same site which was first shown in 2007. It went through planning more quickly and smoothly because we already had permission for a new stadium on that site from before, we already owned most of the land, the enabling developments could be constructed quickly, the Mayor and the borough were already on board etc.

In truth ours isn't a good reference if you're looking to work out timescales. And on top of everything else we also had the pointless Olympic Stadium site goosechase in the years between the failed scheme and the final development.

Much more detail here if anyone really cares - https://thereaderwiki.com/en/Northumberland_Development_Project

Feyenoord was the example used: announcement of stadium intent and designs released in March 2016, PP received in May 2017
Feyenoord have been planing a move from De Kuip for many many years. The city of Roterdam are also the driving force behind it with a complete regeneration of the area where Feyenoord left originally to move to De Kuip. The area is owned by the city and not by a private firm like Peel.

The fact that Rotterdam was virtually flattened in WW2 makes planning much more straightforward - as all planning is in Holland.

Feyenoord are also a much slicker operation than Everton.

He has certainly raised some interesting questions between that and the esk's thread.

My big takeaway from his input is that, if our plans are genuinely as undeveloped as he is inferring from that meeting he attended, it is almost inconceivable that we will be in a position to put a planning application in later this year.

Feyenoord have been planing a move from De Kuip for many many years. The city of Roterdam are also the driving force behind it with a complete regeneration of the area where Feyenoord left originally to move to De Kuip. The area is owned by the city and not by a private firm like Peel.

The fact that Rotterdam was virtually flattened in WW2 makes planning much more straightforward - as all planning is in Holland.

Feyenoord are also a much slicker operation than Everton.
Yes. Then they dropped it in facour of a new build and it went through in reasonable time. As for BMD: all parties (EFC, Peel and LCC) are on the same page.

Here's the point though (the overarching one): if it's a minefield to get PP and funding for BMD, WTF are we wasting time on this for?

The club have scarred the fans of Everton with these stadium pipe-dreams. They really should have taken that into consideration when looking to push on.

We all KNOW where were headed: a GP redevelopment.

Yes. Then they dropped it in facour of a new build and it went through in reasonable time. As for BMD: all parties (EFC, Peel and LCC) are on the same page.

Here's the point though (the overarching one): if it's a minefield to get PP and funding for BMD, WTF are we wasting time on this for?

The club have scarred the fans of Everton with these stadium pipe-dreams. They really should have taken that into consideration when looking to get this site sorted and in the bag.

We all KNOW where were headed: a GP redevelopment.

You really think Moshiri is a man that fails?

Yes.

He failed for Usmanov on some investments.

Lucky feller, others took a header into the Black Sea from a chopper for less.

Ok a different question, why do you think Moshiri is here? Why do you think he has invested 250m into the club so far?

Allow me to answer, hes here to make money, no stadium, no profit.

I get that Bill has let us down countless times, but the man has no shame, his name means failure, Moshiri name means PROFIT.

He will do everything to protect his name.

I think theres a world of difference obtaining planing permission between Holland and the UK.

The city of Roterdam are also the driving force behind it with a complete regeneration of the area where Feyenoord left originally to move to De Kuip. The area is owned by the city and not by a private firm like Peel.

Especially when who is asking for it.