New Everton Stadium Discussion

Are we likely to be the only Club in the world to have had THREE different 'home' grounds in their history? If so, another Everton FIRST!

Are we likely to be the only Club in the world to have all but reached the point of committing on three different 'home' grounds in the last twenty years only to pull out at the last minute i.e. Kings Dock, Tesco and *shudders*....BMD? If so, another Everton FIRST!

...doubt it, Spurs have had 3 different home grounds in 12 or so months, Brighton also spring to mind but could be wrong on that.

Are we likely to be the only Club in the world to have had THREE different 'home' grounds in their history? If so, another Everton FIRST!

Are we likely to be the only Club in the world to have all but reached the point of committing on three different 'home' grounds in the last twenty years only to pull out at the last minute i.e. Kings Dock, Tesco and *shudders*....BMD? If so, another Everton FIRST!
The latter.

Just because its in the tendering process doesn't mean its going ahead. Had a load of projects pulled last minute for one reason or another.
Do they usually solicit tenders before receiving planning permission? I'd have thought that would need to be in place to flesh out the details of what's required.

...doubt it, Spurs have had 3 different home grounds in 12 or so months, Brighton also spring to mind but could be wrong on that.
I don't think you can count Wembley as a Spurs home ground, Eggs. It was just a temporary arrangement.

A bit like when my son turns up here with his overnight bag and goes into his old bedroom.

Coventry moved about a bit too I think, will be 4th ground in the last 20 years for those poor sods.

Do they usually solicit tenders before receiving planning permission? I'd have thought that would need to be in place to flesh out the details of what's required.
I guess you could tender before planning permission, but I find it hard to believe it can be done without plans which we don't have either?

Mate, they're kicking a can down the road. That's all.

It's BS - and I say again and I mean it: good people are once agian being conned. The KD failure handed me a massive lesson about Everton and promises of stadium builds: dont ever believe what these fakes are telling you....and certainly dont ever waste your time immersing yourself with the logistics and financing of a scheme that will have almost no chance of getting off the drawing board. It's fools gold. I see a new generation of fans on forums being dragged into devoting themselves to the BMD project - getting lost in the minutia of design and 'deliverability'. My advice to them as one who;s been burned before by that: let the club get on with talking this up; ignore their nonsense; concentrate on what's happening on the field.
I think BMD is a completely different scenario than Kings Dock and the fact that Moshiri could fund the scheme if it came to it makes a difference. I share concerns about this becoming a reality but I don't think Moshiri would be committing so many millions to a scheme merely as a way of raising fans hopes, I think there is genuine desire and commitment to make it happen but without funding and plans in place it leaves room for concern and cynicism.