New Everton Stadium Discussion

There'll be no start. It is way too ambitious and this club has nothing to offer by way of funding - in fact, its finances are precarious and no investor would touch Everton with a barge pole.

The worst of it is that it'll be drawn out as it has been in the past and we've lost another 3 years on some mirage.

What would you do Dave? Stay at Goodison?

It's already slipped.

The local plan was the reason for the then Sec of State to knock it back; if the decision had been delayed a year with a Tory in that job it would have been passed. It was a political decision not to go ahead, the plan was in place.
Maybe because public opinion essentially burned their plans last time, they have learned from the experience and engaged in lengthy public consultation to make sure that isn't the thing that kills the plans this time around??

...George as in William and Kate's young lad?

...yes, you're probably right, touch and go...
Great Scott !! this means...we have to go - Back to the Future.

I'm not going all Twilight Zone / MLK, but years ago I had a dream where the rs Bro in L paid up the £1 token bet we had about us winning the then European Cup...there you go you blue nose b. he said and plonked the coin in my hand, head side up and the head was Charles, not Herself.

What would you do Dave? Stay at Goodison?
It will be the inevitable outcome after almost a quarter of a century utter BS about moves. The failure of BMD will finally see the issue settled in that direction.

My own wish was for a waterfront stadium. The KD would have been ideal. Maybe it'd be for the best in the end that all talk around a stadium collapses and GP is accepted as home. The stadium schemes have provided a huge and welcome distraction down the years for Everton owners who have cratered this club.

Are we likely to be the only Club in the world to have had THREE different 'home' grounds in their history? If so, another Everton FIRST!

Are we likely to be the only Club in the world to have all but reached the point of committing on three different 'home' grounds in the last twenty years only to pull out at the last minute i.e. Kings Dock, Tesco and *shudders*....BMD? If so, another Everton FIRST!

Maybe because public opinion essentially burned their plans last time, they have learned from the experience and engaged in lengthy public consultation to make sure that isn't the thing that kills the plans this time around??
Mate, they're kicking a can down the road. That's all.

It's BS - and I say again and I mean it: good people are once agian being conned. The KD failure handed me a massive lesson about Everton and promises of stadium builds: dont ever believe what these fakes are telling you....and certainly dont ever waste your time immersing yourself with the logistics and financing of a scheme that will have almost no chance of getting off the drawing board. It's fools gold. I see a new generation of fans on forums being dragged into devoting themselves to the BMD project - getting lost in the minutia of design and 'deliverability'. My advice to them as one who;s been burned before by that: let the club get on with talking this up; ignore their nonsense; concentrate on what's happening on the field.