Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would steer well clear never rated him at Newcastle either.

The only striker we should be going for from the PL imo is Wilson and even then thats a risk.

Haller or Icardi would be my choices but obviously both tricky to pull off.

Bit of an understatement with 'tricky to pull off' there, mate!

Haller definitely the more realistic of the two and personally I do reckon he'd suit us.

De Gea reported recieving a better contract that will hopefully cool down the Pickford rumours

I know they stood by him for his terrible start but he is wasting his prime years there. He could easily be barca or real's keeper, even psg and winning loads of trophies. Weird to say that about united but they're a team yoyoing between CL and Europa at best and not title challengers.

I still believe Mitrovic would represent great value if he could be bought for £15 - £20m.

Goodison cult hero in the making that lad. Good age too. He’ll bring those around him into the game with his excellent hold up play.

He divides opinion as do 90% of strikers but ‘reasonably’ proven players in that position are hard to come by for the right money.

It’s either someone like that or we finally break the bank, send a message and go for a Werner / Icardi type.

We can’t go into another PL campaign with a young hope up top.
The fact that the rumours have dried up suggests to me that it's the most likely to happen. I certainly hope so.

I still believe Mitrovic would represent great value if he could be bought for £15 - £20m.

Goodison cult hero in the making that lad. Good age too. He’ll bring those around him into the game with his excellent hold up play.

He divides opinion as do 90% of strikers but ‘reasonably’ proven players in that position are hard to come by for the right money.

It’s either someone like that or we finally break the bank, send a message and go for a Werner / Icardi type.

We can’t go into another PL campaign with a young hope up top.

I get the impulse but I’d rather see if DCL can develop and not block his progress, rather than spend money on a similar player whose ceiling is not that high. Mitro is not the 20-goal scorer that puts the team on another level.

We need a No. 9 as a priority if we have any aspirations of achieving a top 4/5/6 finish.

It's going to take much more £££ if we think Neres, Zouma & a central midfielder is going to do it.
I don’t think we need to spend big on a striker mate. We just need someone who’s a bit more pacey, technical and a more natural finisher than DCL. We’re really gonna struggle to find a Lukaku esque 25 goal a season man. So our best bet is to just get a striker who offers something different.

Status
Not open for further replies.