With “fans outside Merseyside” being a common insult to the reds, why are the scouser Everton fans thoughts on international Everton fans?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The big difference, the only one in fact, is that no one can describe out of town or international Blues as being obnoxious, condescending “glory hunters”.

They take to our team for myriad reasons and have always been welcomed by the vast majority of local fans.

The opposite is the case with RS non natives.

They have bought into a cult which still lives in a 70s/80s bubble when they were top dogs at home and abroad or they come for what they believe to be a spontaneous spectacle of flag waving and community singing, like Sky and the BBC tell them it us.

When in fact it is stage managed brainwashing......”We are Liverpool...this means more”.

What does that mindless drivel even mean?

You can go to pubs in Belfast, Dublin, Brighton, Llandudno, Inverness, Sydney, Oslo or Timbuktu on matchdays and hear legions of these cretins crow on and on about the RS in an obnoxious fashion.

I have been in such pubs with RS mates from right here in the People’s Republic of Melling and they cringe at them.

We don’t have that problem with cretinous types from Boston, Christchurch or Amsterdam....Evertonians from foreign climes tend to be of the same ilk as those of us who hail from Garston or Litherland.

Passionate but grounded....proud but magnanimous.

But by ‘eck it “means” as much to us as it does to them.

Take a bow you international or woolyback or simply Blue Brits from around the country....you do us proud and you are always welcome :dance:

COYBB
you are a brilliant poster Khal...

Ok, here's an example. The RS parade went past my cousins flat & he filmed them & posted it online. In it, Klopp gives them a wave. I thought I'd be nice & show it to a RS fan I work with. When Klopp waved at the camera he asked "Who's that?"

I rest my case your Honour.

I’m from Australia, started supporting Everton around 1997 when I was 11/12 & only really started playing a year or so before that. Started out as a keeper, back then there was little coverage but seen a premier league review show & decided to follow Everton based on how good the keeper was.
Big Nev, however both keepers of that game were great so I may have meant to support Arsenal (David Seaman).

Someone I met not long after became one of my best mates, his Dad is from Liverpool & they are all blues. The rest is history after that, finally got to Liverpool & first game at Goodison towards the end of 2017/18 season, lost 3-0 to chelsea who won the league. Hope to rectify that one day...

Thanks for coming to me ted talk

I’m from Australia, started supporting Everton around 1997 when I was 11/12 & only really started playing a year or so before that. Started out as a keeper, back then there was little coverage but seen a premier league review show & decided to follow Everton based on how good the keeper was.
Big Nev, however both keepers of that game were great so I may have meant to support Arsenal (David Seaman).

Someone I met not long after became one of my best mates, his Dad is from Liverpool & they are all blues. The rest is history after that, finally got to Liverpool & first game at Goodison towards the end of 2017/18 season, lost 3-0 to chelsea who won the league. Hope to rectify that one day...

Thanks for coming to me ted talk
Ossie - Aussie

I see what you did there ;)

The big difference, the only one in fact, is that no one can describe out of town or international Blues as being obnoxious, condescending “glory hunters”.

They take to our team for myriad reasons and have always been welcomed by the vast majority of local fans.

The opposite is the case with RS non natives.

They have bought into a cult which still lives in a 70s/80s bubble when they were top dogs at home and abroad or they come for what they believe to be a spontaneous spectacle of flag waving and community singing, like Sky and the BBC tell them it us.

When in fact it is stage managed brainwashing......”We are Liverpool...this means more”.

What does that mindless drivel even mean?

You can go to pubs in Belfast, Dublin, Brighton, Llandudno, Inverness, Sydney, Oslo or Timbuktu on matchdays and hear legions of these cretins crow on and on about the RS in an obnoxious fashion.

I have been in such pubs with RS mates from right here in the People’s Republic of Melling and they cringe at them.

We don’t have that problem with cretinous types from Boston, Christchurch or Amsterdam....Evertonians from foreign climes tend to be of the same ilk as those of us who hail from Garston or Litherland.

Passionate but grounded....proud but magnanimous.

But by ‘eck it “means” as much to us as it does to them.

Take a bow you international or woolyback or simply Blue Brits from around the country....you do us proud and you are always welcome :dance:

COYBB
Thing is, for European nights, Anfield is probably the most revered ground across Europe. Teams [Poor language removed] themselves going there, while fans of other clubs have their phones out recording everything. Barca fans (went on their forum straight after the 1st leg) were not comfortable taking a 3-0 lead there. Marca, As, Kicker. Gazzetta, any paper outside England talks differently about Anfield. The TV cameras at home and abroad also cover everything inside the ground.

They have a large fanbase throughout the world, but that doesn’t affect home atmosphere, certainly in Europe. Since Klopp has taken over they have not lost a 2 legged tie. That’s three years of getting to a final, and a huge aspect of that is Anfield.

They have a belief (call it delusion) they will win, and that carries them forward. The songs, banners, colours etc, that wave of positivity, it carries itself onto the field. I’ve stated on here before we could do with a change of emphasis at Goodison. Less of the doom mongering, and a more uplifting atmosphere.

Thing is, for European nights, Anfield is probably the most revered ground across Europe. Teams [Poor language removed] themselves going there, while fans of other clubs have their phones out recording everything. Barca fans (went on their forum straight after the 1st leg) were not comfortable taking a 3-0 lead there. Marca, As, Kicker. Gazzetta, any paper outside England talks differently about Anfield. The TV cameras at home and abroad also cover everything inside the ground.

They have a large fanbase throughout the world, but that doesn’t affect home atmosphere, certainly in Europe. Since Klopp has taken over they have not lost a 2 legged tie. That’s three years of getting to a final, and a huge aspect of that is Anfield.

They have a belief (call it delusion) they will win, and that carries them forward. The songs, banners, colours etc, that wave of positivity, it carries itself onto the field. I’ve stated on here before we could do with a change of emphasis at Goodison. Less of the doom mongering, and a more uplifting atmosphere.

said this to a red yday, they were saying theyll win the league next year with 1 or 2 signings when they were 8th and that

half our fanbase are waiting for everton to everton it and still get made up when we get 40 points

whether that comes out to the players or not who knows but the attitude from the derby onwards from the fans must have played some way into it

Coming from Dublin I have never really had much problems. Most Blues I know and met admire how we come over and watch Everton all over the country. Had a bit of hassle in pre season in Dresden when a few scouse Blue were laughing at us saying what are we doing here and shouldn’t we be over supporting an Irish team
i'm from tipperary i don't have an irish team to support.

There's a lad from Tipperary that's a Shamrock Rovers fan. What would the nearest team to you be Cork or Limerick?
ya cork,limerick or waterford.ah ya all well in good if your only into the footy but i'm a mad hurling fan so never going to work for me and i presume 1000's others in ireland that support the gaa.how can you support them on the friday night and hate them on the sunday.just doesn't work.

On the ground tour of about 30 - a good few years ago my son took me very emotional,and enjoyable, I start a conversation with a fan next to me on arriving - He looked at me blank - my son elbowed me he was from Norway, I was jabbering on a out the old days of Goodison ....my son started laughing and tugged me away to explain lol
Then a couple of Japanese fans came in - I then realized what a nice cosmopolitan support we had - no problems with it ;)

I don't watch Liverpool so can't comment on what their ground sounds like in those matches, but kopites were always the snivelling spoilt brats in school who would whinge to get their own way and they'd be the snotty nosed fat gets because their mummy would give them huge chocolate bars because they demanded it.

Anyway simpletons like that had to support Liverpool because they like to think that a more successful team means that they are a better person than someone who supports a team who has won less. Now the mature kids would see through that patheticness and support a real club.

However, if you have a fanbase growing up as spoilt brats then quite possibly that does rub off on the players and so results in their over achieving. Whereas normal folk are more realistic and think here we go again but that rubbing off on the players well doesn't really get you far.

Status
Not open for further replies.