Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
He's a lad with a year or so left on his contract and he's only played as high as the Championship. We're lucky to get a fee at all.
Sorry mate but I think that's total rubbish. I'd hazard a guess that around 95%-99% of young 21 year old footballers, still on professional contracts around the UK, have never played at a level higher than the championship. As regards experience to date I would also guess Robinson is probably in the top 10, possibly even top 5%, and that less than 1% will have even 1 full International under their belt irrespective of who the country is. The club would be negligent to let him go for buttons and you'd be the first one moaning if he became successful.

2 years ago we paid £6m for a young 20yo Nigerian, who had only ever played for an unfashionable Belgian team, and won fewer full caps for a country ranked lower than the USA, and everybody thought it was good business.

Sorry mate but I think that's total rubbish. I'd hazard a guess that around 95%-99% of young 21 year old footballers, still on professional contracts around the UK, have never played at a level higher than the championship. As regards experience to date I would also guess Robinson is probably in the top 10, possibly even top 5%, and that less than 1% will have even 1 full International under their belt irrespective of who the country is. The club would be negligent to let him go for buttons and you'd be the first one moaning if he became successful.

2 years ago we paid £6m for a young 20yo Nigerian, who had only ever played for an unfashionable Belgian team, and won fewer full caps for a country ranked lower than the USA, and everybody thought it was good business.
That's a lot of guessing for something you seem so certain about.

Wingers on average cost more than full backs and the lad was wanted by the likes of PSG. I'd also say it would be harder to get into the Nigerian team as a Winger/Forward than it would be to get a call up as a full back for the mighty USMNT. There are plenty of fill internationals for less successful countries in the Championship.

I haven't heard any rumors of them sniffing around the Antonee Robinson. I'll hazard a guess it's because he's not actually that good.

21 year old who already has 7 full International caps for USA. £2m is a joke.

Was developing well last season until his injury. The fact Wigan want to keep him speaks for itself. I'd send him there on loan again as we have Baines as back up, and see how he does.
Only come back from long injury in May.

Has done well for 2 seasons at struggling clubs in the championship and has 7 full caps. Before that was a key member of a league winning U23 side as a 19 yo. I really don't know what else you'd expect from a 21yo. He's developing well. Just because we may not see him as good enough for us going forward doesn't mean he has no value in the transfer market.

Other clubs make millions out of some of their academy players and we need to start doing the same.
He's most probably not going to be good enough for us, but he's not bad. If he was bad he wouldn't have 7 full international caps as a 21 yo and Wigan wouldn't be interested in buying him. As I said, we need to start getting decent money for our better academy players.

If we dont consider him good enough and the offer is £1.9mil then it adds the same amount to our budget (book value is 0) then i wouldnt have a problem accepting it.

He seemed to get mixed reviews at wigan, id sell with a buyback clause + a % of next sale clause.

Its a team full of Championship and MLS players with Pulisic the only one with some quality.

He's a lad with a year or so left on his contract and he's only played as high as the Championship. We're lucky to get a fee at all.

Yanks don't half overrate their players because they batter the likes of Panama and Cuba.
Is there a single Championship player on the team? Duane Holmes maybe?

Tyler Adams would walk into our side, so let's not be ridiculous. I think John Anthony Brooks and Weston McKennie would be lovely players at Everton.

There is an obvious development gap, but the U20s and below for the US have a ton of talent, many of which are at academies in some of the biggest clubs in Europe. THAT's where we should be targeting US talent.

But Antonee Robinson isn't good enough to start at the US.

If we dont consider him good enough and the offer is £1.9mil then it adds the same amount to our budget (book value is 0) then i wouldnt have a problem accepting it.

He seemed to get mixed reviews at wigan, id sell with a buyback clause + a % of next sale clause.
If we have a 2M offer for Jedi Robinson we take it immediately.

Paid £6m for Lewis Gibson too.

Is there a single Championship player on the team? Duane Holmes maybe?

Tyler Adams would walk into our side, so let's not be ridiculous. I think John Anthony Brooks and Weston McKennie would be lovely players at Everton.

There is an obvious development gap, but the U20s and below for the US have a ton of talent, many of which are at academies in some of the biggest clubs in Europe. THAT's where we should be targeting US talent.

But Antonee Robinson isn't good enough to start at the US.

Tim Ream.............

Yeh I’m just saying, he’ll end up at Brighton, watch this space.
Maybe. So long as he doesn't end up at Brighton and score 15 goals next season with his value quadrupled in the process.
Have you watched any of his USA caps? They desperately want him to be the guy but he is really not to that level or even close. I don't see him being a Premier League player honestly.
You are probably right. But it's still too early to right him off at 21.

All I'm saying mate is that we should be getting the best we can in transfer fees for our better academy players, of which he is one. Some on here would give them away for nothing, but then be the first to moan about it if they turn out to actually be quite good.

Explain?

The English National team is wank. The media overrated the players but the country generally doesn't. A few goals from corners at the World Cup didn't have me thinking they were world beaters.
You explained it. Players are hyped up that aren't very good and they command big transfer fees simply because their English. Happens in most countries. Let's not single out the US. Plus I think our national team is bad, any team that keeps playing Zardes and Altidore doesn't deserve to win anything.

Speaking of horrible strikers, really hope Everton find's someone to score a few....

21 year old who already has 7 full International caps for USA. £2m is a joke.

Was developing well last season until his injury. The fact Wigan want to keep him speaks for itself. I'd send him there on loan again as we have Baines as back up, and see how he does.
I don't follow this mate...
Wigan finished 18th in the Championship last year. Just because he did well there isn't relative to how he'd perform in our first team.

Status
Not open for further replies.