Old Everton Pictures

Rumour has it that there was a pillarless option that would've cost another 10% / £70,000.
So which one did we go for??
Yep
El Cheapo.
I've never liked the Main Stand. A monstrosity compared to the architectural beauty it replaced.
Have never understood why the failings in its structure have never been addressed, in particular the two pillars holding up the roof. In this day and age of stronger and lighter roofing materials it surely wouldn't have been beyond our finances to have replaced and re-engineered the roof to have those obstructing pillars removed. There can't be many grounds these days which have obstructed views from the Directors Box! It might have been more bearable if the top balcony fascia had the Leith criss-crossing reproduced on it.

I've never liked the Main Stand. A monstrosity compared to the architectural beauty it replaced.
Have never understood why the failings in its structure have never been addressed, in particular the two pillars holding up the roof. In this day and age of stronger and lighter roofing materials it surely wouldn't have been beyond our finances to have replaced and re-engineered the roof to have those obstructing pillars removed. There can't be many grounds these days which have obstructed views from the Directors Box! It might have been more bearable if the top balcony fascia had the Leith criss-crossing reproduced on it.
You could say the biggest blunder was the Kings dock for the sake of 40 million ..... that was the biggest disaster by BK, and Gregg combined....

When we had the cash they couldn't be arsed. When they could be arsed we didnt have the cash.