New Everton Stadium Discussion

I must admit my gut reaction before reading the email was that it would contain bad news but it's very much as you were.

I am a skeptic on this but at least recent communications have been consistent from them and that has to offer some encouragement.

I don't doubt the will to get it done but the means and execution.

Perhaps the more enlightened here can draw a distinction between "design concept" and "design" as a lay person such as I would understand it.

It will be interesting to see design images something near official anyway.

Design concepts are initial proposals of potential ideas for a client to weigh up and decide if it indeed meets the brief successfully.

The Design is the agreed outcome which is put into production and becomes a reality.

Many ideas get left on the cutting room floor due to changing budget contraints or requirements that might have been overlooked.

Building a structure of this magnitude will go through multiple alterations.

Planning permission will be end of the year.

No train station apparently.

Yep, that's something I heard too and alluded to it in a previous post about issues with Merseyrail. They are refusing to build another station between Sandhills and Moorfields.

But surely understandable. Heres another nugget for you. Theres a problem with Merseyrail and the club which is an ongoing issue.

Merseyrail are also refusing to put on extra trains which is causing friction - the club are secretly furious with them as they do it for the grand national but won't for Everton. As previously mentioned, they are refusing to build a new station.

Also I mentioned the cobbles causing an issue especially over disabled access to the site. They can't get rid of or cover those cobbles apparently.

The grade 2 listed dock is also pushing up the price and time of the build too. The council, after previously being very cooperative are now being funny about the area retaining its world heritage status. The dock walls must stay.

Plenty of work to do as yet.

But the email sent out today is encouraging, to be fair.

No additional station will hurt or prevent other developments between Bramley Moore and Princes Docks.

Can't we do what arsenal did and pay or put money towards it? Unless that's what Merseyrail don't want us to do.

Hopefully a tram line or something all along the docks happens.

Merseyrail are also refusing to put on extra trains which is causing friction - the club are secretly furious with them as they do it for the grand national but won't for Everton. As previously mentioned, they are refusing to build a new station.

Also I mentioned the cobbles causing an issue especially over disabled access to the site. They can't get rid of or cover those cobbles apparently.

The grade 2 listed dock is also pushing up the price and time of the build too. The council, after previously being very cooperative are now being funny about the area retaining its world heritage status. The dock walls must stay.

Please ignore this guy.

I'm sure something will be worked out with merseyrail, will benefit them as well financially I'm sure.

I thought the bit about the dock wall would be a given, I wouldn't want them to touch it as it will be one of the unique parts of having the stadium down there.

No additional station will hurt or prevent other developments between Bramley Moore and Princes Docks.

Can't we do what arsenal did and pay or put money towards it? Unless that's what Merseyrail don't want us to do.

Hopefully a tram line or something all along the docks happens.

The whole area will become walkable so a new station wouldn’t really be an issue. Fans make it from all over the country to L4 which is massively inaccessible so there’s no reason there’ll be any problems getting to the new stadium.

The end is very nigh for you my frandelino, make them count.