2018/19 Andre Gomes

Status
Not open for further replies.
£30m not that it will be (and certainly not that up front) is good business for a player who has proven that they can play consistently well and even excel in the premier league.

It's a good point. Some players, however promising their background, don't settle in English football, with Gomes those questions have already been answered. He's done his part by spiking the West Ham interest, now it down to EFC to reach a deal with Barca.

The best is yet to come from this player.

Absolutely mad that people can say £30m Is a steal but at the same time say accepting £30m for gana is a no brainer. If 29 year olds aren’t worth £30m then Gomes is going to start depreciating in value the second he signs.

I should say I want Gomes to sign, just peoples twisted logic makes me laugh.

Its transfer window time mate. Dont fret about a lack of logical thinking.

The tactic of going for players having a rough time at big clubs might be paying off here. Gomes can’t be keen to repeat his experience at Barcelona at another big club after feeing what it’s like to play every week in front of a crowd supporting him.

No brainer surely? 30m. I appreciate negotiations should be under wraps until the deal is to at least medical stage but will be gutted if we miss out.

Absolutely mad that people can say £30m Is a steal but at the same time say accepting £30m for gana is a no brainer. If 29 year olds aren’t worth £30m then Gomes is going to start depreciating in value the second he signs.

I thought Gana only had a year left on his contract?

30m is a steal though, and he's hardly gonna start depreciating in value, we would get that back on re-sale for the next 5 years if he was sold! We are in a power position though if he only wants to come here and they want rid.

Gana is vital to the team though, and even with his age I would value him closer to 40m in todays market

30m is a steal though, and he's hardly gonna start depreciating in value, we would get that back on re-sale for the next 5 years if he was sold! We are in a power position though if he only wants to come here and they want rid.

Gana is vital to the team though, and even with his age I would value him closer to 40m in todays market
No I’m not saying he will depreciate in value, I’m saying that there are people saying selling a 29 year old for £30m is a given regardless of how good he is, which means using their logic Gomes value will go down because after 3 seasons he’ll be that age himself.

Gomes : "I feel very good at Everton, I've been spent (Google Translate :) ) a few levels, if the coach makes me play, it's because he has confidence in me. The club has invested a lot last summer, and will do so this summer". @The Esk

No I’m not saying he will depreciate in value, I’m saying that there are people saying selling a 29 year old for £30m is a given regardless of how good he is, which means using their logic Gomes value will go down because after 3 seasons he’ll be that age himself.

Sorry mate, I just think I disagree with you. Your logic is skewed.

Gana we bought for like 8m, so he has drastically gone up in value from the age of 25/26 to 29/30. At this point, his value will now start to decline, as anyone buying would not get as many years out of him. So I can understand why people might think a club in our position might be best to sell at this point or soon.

Whereas Gomes is still working towards peak age of his career, and arguably found a team and a platform where he can begin to show his worth, so again should go up in value even if we spent 30 million on him now.

Sorry mate, I just think I disagree with you. Your logic is skewed.

Gana we bought for like 8m, so he has drastically gone up in value from the age of 25/26 to 29/30. At this point, his value will now start to decline, as anyone buying would not get as many years out of him. So I can understand why people might think a club in our position might be best to sell at this point or soon.

Whereas Gomes is still working towards peak age of his career, and arguably found a team and a platform where he can begin to show his worth, so again should go up in value even if we spent 30 million on him now.
No I’m applying consistent logic.

I’m talking specifically about people making the argument about it being a ‘no brainer’ because of Gana’s age also saying that £30m is a ‘steal’ for Gomes. That’s not consistent logic. I’m not saying anything about their respective merits as players, only the age point. Once more, I hope we sign Gomes.

What did you think of Xavi and Iniesta playing together? Not comparing Gomes to them but just wondering.
They had the ball the while match. Xavi actually picked off passes and contributed defensively. He also actually created opportunities for others. Gomes does neither.

Status
Not open for further replies.