Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 58573Surely not signing another striker who doesn’t actually score goals are we?
Yeah but Salah didn't score much either. Then netted 40 odd in one season for the RS. Richarlison only scored 5 at Watford etc. Sometimes a shift of role and better coaching can massively alter a player's numbers!

Let's just see what Brands and Silva manage. If they want him, I believe it will be with good cause.

Tielemans I don't think is our answer, either. Lovely with the ball, generates much more offense than does Gomes, amazing shooter from distance, but he had a huge advantage having Maddison and Ndidi running around making plays all over for him. He's slow, not particularly active without the ball, so just don't see him being a fit. Assuming Sigi and Gana are staying, just think we need something a bit different.
Ageeed. Think we need someone more athletic to complement our midfield.

I missed the last couple days of newz. I'm just going to assume we bought Loftus-Cheek yesterday because I heard he ruptured his achillies.

Ironically while we lack the necessary funds to purchase quality players to get into the Champions League, we have the necessary funds to bankroll transfer fees and payrolls for other clubs in Europe to get into the Champions League.

On the other hand, maybe he's good. Please be good, that is be good for everton. You can be trash on LC or whereever.

Ironically while we lack the necessary funds to purchase quality players to get into the Champions League, we have the necessary funds to bankroll transfer fees and payrolls for other clubs in Europe to get into the Champions League.

On the other hand, maybe he's good. Please be good, that is be good for everton. You can be trash on LC or whereever.
I'm confused, who said we lack the funds to purchase players to get into the CL?

This is my new favorite post in this thread. ;)

Even if you get indexed, which is likely, it was well worth it.

lol

For obvious reasons, I debated not posting that, and then I thought "nah, if it came off, I'd forever regret not having posted such a speculative shout beforehand"

If he's not good he won't be bought. I know Mina hasn't yet clicked but you can't really fault the Brands/Silva signings.

The answer to your concern is sign a proper striker, our most immediate needs. Not some winger at the lowest point in form and confidence and likely needing 10 games or more to rediscover his rhythm. Such luxury game time that was not given to Lookman this season. I would like to think ambition would be signing someone at a level higher than Richarlison, not a loanee struggling with form.

Was watching celta vigo against Barcelona couple of weeks back, with Barcelona fielding a second string, one would have thought Malcom will make an impact amongst the youth and reserve players but no. No impact at all and a shadow of the player we’ve seen a year ago, and he is consistently poor this season.
Wasn't Gomes the same at Barcelona before he came to us?

Status
Not open for further replies.