Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
In awe at Peter Reid’s attempt to stop the best player on the planet in a World Cup quarter final never breaking into anything more than a leisurely jog
'Like Peter Reid chasing Maradona' is my dad's go-to line whenever someone gets left for dead on a football pitch.

Reminds me of when he was giving Gareth Barry loads for getting legged by Ozil in South Africa, and I was insistent that Barry's hamstring had gone, because there was no way he'd have been embarrassed like that otherwise.

It hadn't.

For me he's too similar to Richarlison for us to sign him now
Eh, he's a bit different - he's faster, not as strong, not quite as direct. A bit more comfortable in wider spaces. And he's left footed and comfortable out right, whereas Richy is still learning to play on that side.

But he's good. Again, its the Traore at Lyon - a couple of us wanted him when he was on loan at Ajax. He'd be a very good fit. Probably not be crazy expensive. Good squad option, allow us to move on Walcott.

OH. Yeah he is rapid but still rather Lozano or Neres.
No question those two are a bit better, but they'd both be like 35-40 million. My guess is that we are comfortable with Bernard & Richy, we are just looking for another option. Save our bigger money for a CM / DM and CF.

I still say Willian Jose would be a wonderful player for us. Real Sociedad is a good team, but they've lost the last two and are probably out of Europe. He's got very good movement, he'll press, and he's outstanding in the air. He's also really good at holding the ball up and distributing - I believe he'd do very well in Silva's system. He's 27, so that's a bit out of Brands ideal age range, but he's not reliant on his pace and could play at a high level for some time IMO.

Eh, he's a bit different - he's faster, not as strong, not quite as direct. A bit more comfortable in wider spaces. And he's left footed and comfortable out right, whereas Richy is still learning to play on that side.

But he's good. Again, its the Traore at Lyon - a couple of us wanted him when he was on loan at Ajax. He'd be a very good fit. Probably not be crazy expensive. Good squad option, allow us to move on Walcott.
No question those two are a bit better, but they'd both be like 35-40 million. My guess is that we are comfortable with Bernard & Richy, we are just looking for another option. Save our bigger money for a CM / DM and CF.

Traore is average in France. May as well go for Malcom on loan if our other option is Traore.

Lozano is miles ahead of him...id rather play Lookman on the right ( :eek: ) than sign Traore.

Anyone fancy Lukaku?
Or dybala if Juventus sign Lukaku?

Camarasa (on loan from Betis) from Cardiff is a bit like Gomes, so if Gomes leaves get him in. Bobby Reid from Cardiff looked decent in patches, good at the through balls from what I remember and the way he plays reminds me of Pienaar (might be his stature and hair though!). Also Josh Murphy, although still a bit of a raw talent. Karlin Grant from Hudds looked alright, but too similar to DCL.

Other than those 4 I don't think there's much to pick from. (I've excluded Rondon from this, as he's probs going Newcastle and is on the wrong side of the age scale for us).

so on one hand people want us to sign Dybala, a worldie who will go to Madrid or someone of that ilk

and then a few posts down someone has linked us with bobby reid

this is the best place ever invented

Galatasaray + Besiktas + Lille + Southampton + Newcastle all interested in Bolasie £7mil
...Southampton and Newcastle reported to be ‘battling’ for Bolasie. Battling, surely not.

See above eggs...Geordies have their Almiron + Southampton i doubt would go for him as their manager favours youth...

I reckon a loan move again.

Yussuf Poulsen from RB Leipzig

My cousin who lives and works in Frankfurt (long way from Leipzig, admittedly) reckons his Leipzig-supporting boss thinks we have been talking to them about him.

Take this as the most tenuous of links of all time, since it's effectively the German version of "a lad in work told me..."
This is my new favorite post in this thread. ;)

Even if you get indexed, which is likely, it was well worth it.

I’m still convinced that Lozano could play as a centre forward. Look at the way he plays when he comes centrally. Can dribble, protects the ball, good movement and gets into space. Could interchange with Richarlison during games.

Teves and Aguero have shown you don’t need to be the biggest to be a top striker.

Traore is average in France. May as well go for Malcom on loan if our other option is Traore.

Lozano is miles ahead of him...id rather play Lookman on the right ( :eek: ) than sign Traore.
Lozano and Malcom are 40M players, OF COURSE they are better than Traore.

But average? He's not had the best year in terms of goals, but last year he had 17 goals in France, 13 goals in fewer minutes the year before for Ajax. I'm all for going for Malcom on loan, but Malcom didn't put up any better numbers than did Traore in the same league last year.

So yes, I'd rather take Malcom on loan as a right sided, left footed forward, but if you can get a very good squad player, good bench option, sometimes starter in Traore for under 20M, it would be very good business.

Lozano and Malcom are 40M players, OF COURSE they are better than Traore.

But average? He's not had the best year in terms of goals, but last year he had 17 goals in France, 13 goals in fewer minutes the year before for Ajax. I'm all for going for Malcom on loan, but Malcom didn't put up any better numbers than did Traore in the same league last year.

So yes, I'd rather take Malcom on loan as a right sided, left footed forward, but if you can get a very good squad player, good bench option, sometimes starter in Traore for under 20M, it would be very good business.

I think it would be a waste of money...

I hope were after Daniel James from Swansea...absolutely rapid and could be a good £10mil alternative on the right.to richarlison

Llorente had been set to leave Spurs on a free; his deal is up. I've seen rumors about another deal from Spurs and also interest from Atletico Bilbao.

I'm thinking about him as a Calvert-Lewin upgrade. He's a big guy, so could offer the same strong hold-up presence up front that made our shape work so well at the end of the season. But he's been a better finisher.

I'd be leery because he's 34. He played very well in certain games obviously. If he'd had more action I wonder if he would have worn down. And there's not much future in a 34-year-old guy.

Still- he had an excellent connection with Sigurdsson a couple of years ago at Swansea.

Status
Not open for further replies.