• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
really? it was mid-season he isn't going to ruin the confidence of his current strikers when he knows nothing was coming in January

Every blue knew we needed a striker in the summer, never mind January. If we’re being honest, we need two.

Every blue knew we needed a striker in the summer, never mind January. If we’re being honest, we need two.
Wasn't denying that. left back, midfield, center half was just as important and with the world cup going on it made things more difficult in an already shorter transfer window. I don't think the manager and dof were lying down being oblivious if a quality player isn't available you might as well go for another Cenk tousn right?

Wasn't denying that. left back, midfield, center half was just as important and with the world cup going on it made things more difficult in an already shorter transfer window. I don't think the manager and dof were lying down being oblivious if a quality player isn't available you might as well go for another Cenk tousn right?

He never once said he wanted a striker last season, he wanted all those positions you mentioned, and pretty much got them. As it is, our first choice front man DCL has got less goals than James Maddison, and half the amount as that yard dog for Palace Milovejevic.

Everton manager Marco Silva, speaking to BBC Match of the Day:

"No doubt we were the best team on the pitch. We deserved the three points. From the first minute, we tried everything.

"We had chances to score. we have to be more clinical. It's something we keeping working to achieve. The most important thing is that we did everything.

"We created chances but the ball didn't want to go in the net.

"We have to look realistically at our performance.

"The connections between the players are coming more easily."

Speaking to Sky Sports:

"We have tried everything to win the match. We dominated the game, we created chances and had two balls off the post and a fantastic save by the goalkeeper.

"We did more than enough to win the match but we weren't clinical. We didn't give them chances.

"The most important thing for me is that we keep playing our model and offensive football.

"We are improving, there is no doubt about that."

"No doubt we were the best team on the pitch. We deserved the three points. From the first minute, we tried everything.

"We had chances to score. we have to be more clinical. It's something we keeping working to achieve. The most important thing is that we did everything.

Speaking to Sky Sports:

"We have tried everything to win the match. We dominated the game, we created chances and had two balls off the post and a fantastic save by the goalkeeper.

"We did more than enough to win the match but we weren't clinical. We didn't give them chances.

"The most important thing for me is that we keep playing our model and offensive football.

He's spot on.

Speaking to Sky Sports:

He's completely right. But he needs a new centre forward.

there reaction

Crystal Palace manager Roy Hodgson, speaking to BBC Match of the Day: "I'm pleased to get a point. I thought Everton were good.

"At half-time, I was very disappointed with our performance but we were much better in the second half.

"I must give the players a lot of credit for sticking at their task and showing character.

"But that's football. Sometimes you don't always get what you want and you have to deal with any situation the game throws up.

"Normally, our passing isn't that bad but today it wasn't as good as it should be.

"You always have to give credit to the opposition, but they didn't find the level they found last week. They were much more compact when we had the ball.

"Our centre-backs had a pretty dominant day against their forwards.

"I'm a little disappointed that today, after the euphoria of last week's result, we didn't come here today and put on a splendid show.

"But football gives you those type of games. It wasn't for lack of trying. Defensively, we did all that was asked of us."

He never once said he wanted a striker last season, he wanted all those positions you mentioned, and pretty much got them. As it is, our first choice front man DCL has got less goals than James Maddison, and half the amount as that yard dog for Palace Milovejevic.

He got what he says in public because it's based on the information on what was realistic. For a manager who just got a job after a sacking coming off as disgruntled isn't the smartest. You are making it sound like Brands and Farhad Moshiri offered him a 50m striker and he refused.

He got what he says in public because it's based on the information on what was realistic. For a manager who just got a job after a sacking coming off as disgruntled isn't the smartest. You are making it sound like Brands and Farhad Moshiri offered him a 50m striker and he refused.

No I’m not, I’m saying he didn’t feel like we needed one. He said the other positions he wanted but never a striker. This summer will be different am sure, but it’s a year too late. We need two strikers.

Status
Not open for further replies.