Match Thread Crystal Palace v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this is a really big test for us. Pressure's on, tricky away game following on from a good home win - has all the hallmarks of a classic disappointing Everton performance. Be great if we could show we've learnt from Fulham and actually play well.

What happens if Arsenal or Chelsea win the Europa League but finish outside top 4? I assume it just means the 4th team gets Europa League instead of Champions League or is there a way that 5 English teams get into CL meaning that 8th place would also go into Europa?

What happens if Arsenal or Chelsea win the Europa League but finish outside top 4? I assume it just means the 4th team gets Europa League instead of Champions League or is there a way that 5 English teams get into CL meaning that 8th place would also go into Europa?
I think 5 teams are allowed in the CL from the same league

I think 5 teams are allowed in the CL from the same league
So let's say it finishes
1. City (Also win FA Cup)
2. Liverpool
3. Spurs
4. Arsenal/Chelsea
5. Arsenal/Chelsea (winner of EL)
6. United
7. Wolves
8. Us

Would that mean the top 5 go to CL meaning the 3 English spots would be filled with 6th, 7th and 8th? If that's the case we're in for a great chance of Europe seeing as you'd have to say Chelsea or Arsenal would be favourites to win it. Even if we went on to finish 7th then we'd be further on the qualifying rounds too so it wouldn't be as early of a start to pre season. I do think Wolves probably have 7th now though, especially given Watford will surely throw their all into trying to win the cup. We'd need to win all our games and I only see that if Spurs get into the CL final and rest players on the final day. Palace isn't a guaranteed win either.

So let's say it finishes
2. Liverpool
3. Spurs
4. Arsenal/Chelsea
6. United
7. Wolves
8. Us

Would that mean the top 5 go to CL meaning the 3 English spots would be filled with 6th, 7th and 8th? If that's the case we're in for a great chance of Europe seeing as you'd have to say Chelsea or Arsenal would be favourites to win it. Even if we went on to finish 7th then we'd be further on the qualifying rounds too so it wouldn't be as early of a start to pre season. I do think Wolves probably have 7th now though, especially given Watford will surely throw their all into trying to win the cup. We'd need to win all our games and I only see that if Spurs get into the CL final and rest players on the final day. Palace isn't a guaranteed win either.
Maximum 7 teams in this scenario so 5 CL and two EL

Our form against the top six has better than we've been given credit for and I'm hoping the performance at Fulham was just a bad day.

I'm quite confident about this one, given their poor home record - as long as we turn up.

With Richarlison injured and Walcott ill, I think we'll see DCL out wide and Tosun down the middle. I don't think Silva sees Lookman as a starter,and neither do I. Lookman will get the last 30 mins if Magic Bernie finally tires himself out. Then again,I could be wrong.

Last edited:
So let's say it finishes
2. Liverpool
3. Spurs
4. Arsenal/Chelsea
6. United
7. Wolves
8. Us

The Wolves/RS game is critical in many ways. I hope by then that City will have won the league, but its unlikely, and Wolves might need to beat the RS to beat us to 7th. I think.

We are due a draw. I think a win today is a big ask, just hope they are up for it and go for it. At this stage better to lose trying to win rather than settling for a sheepish point which is of no use.

Status
Not open for further replies.