Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
My only question is who makes the core of our team?

Got to build around Pickford, Keane and hopefully Zouma - Still think Mina can become a big player for us once settled. In midfield it’s Gana and Gomes and up top Richarlison, Bernard and Gylfi.

Admittedly it’s not the strongest core, but it’s a starting point, Digne and another marauding fullback with striker coming in adding quality would see us in a much better position - The fact our core isn’t that strong will eventually see us address the weakest areas each season and slowly build up.

DCL is still growing and I wouldn’t include him as a core player whilst he’s still learning and can and should be used more sparingly once we have a striker to be our focal point.

It won’t happen overnight.

I hope you don't mind if I don't quite believe that our director of football gave away all our transfer secrets to some lids on a train. No offence.
Mate, the lad has been torn to shreds for it. I was just sharing it. He was defo with him cos he shared a pic of them together with his dad. Basically said that he wold only discuss stuff that was already "out there"

Players who start in the first team for me

Digne
Keane
Gana
Sig
Bernard
Richarlison

Buy
Zouma
Gomes

My team
????
??? Keane zouma digne
??? Gana Gomes bernard
Richarlison?????

If we can sell pickford then get a replacement in

Buy
Gomes
Zouma
Right winger
Right back
Striker

We cant buy quality for all those positions
So do we keep Coleman for rb for now as right winger is more important and a striker or do we keep richarlison as rw? and get a rb in. Kenny is not the answer. Hearing good things about Max Arrons.

So we have
Zouma and Gomes to buy so far. Maybe we can get Arrons in and rw in on loan.

Sell lookman with a sell on clause and Davies as he not good enough.
Sell the dross as I dont need to name them

Keep
Coleman
DLC
Baines for digne cover for now

Everton fans are one of the worse for looking down at players because they play for a lower team while disregarding the actual player
Prime example Idrissa Gueye. Relegated with Villa, gets headhunted by PSG after performing with us.

That said, there isn't a single player I would take from Huddersfield or Fulham, and that includes that absolute dog Mitrovic.

Teams are relegated. You can't just write off every player from a relegated squad. We have a walking example of how you should just look at the player and whether he fits your team rather than how his selling club have done.

Last edited:

Zat, your idea of buying young players is great but I know for a fact you’re not tuning into watch Siere B much and that’s the highest level this boy has ever played. Now how can you be that confident that spending 40mil on a kid playing in a league worse than the championship will kick on in the prem enough to the point that it guarantees making money? If he comes here and bombs because he can’t hack the pace of play or physicality, which happens all the time, then we’re stuck paying big money and likely considerable wages for a player who most clubs couldn’t afford the wages alone. Please explain how you can be soooo confident of a player you’ve likely never watched play a full 90.

You shouldnt make assumptions...sending you a PM

Can't wait to welcome back the combined wages of 200k from Bolasie and Sandro for the next two years, yesss. Like new signings.

Teams are relegated. You can't just write off every player from a relegated squad. We have a walking example of how you should just look at the player and whether he fits your team rather than how his selling club have done.

But that Gana gueye has been tosh for us after we bought him from relegated villa.

But that Gana gueye has been tosh for us after we bought him from relegated villa.

Idrissa Gana Gueye - Bought from relegated Aston Villa who finished on 17 points.
Cenk Tosun - Bought from Champions League knockout round Besiktas the season after they won their league.

If you only got to keep one this summer, which one would it be?

Status
Not open for further replies.