New Everton Stadium Discussion

I can't honestly think you're serious or being honest. If you can't see the huge difference in the rake of the stands and the tightness of the corners I'm baffled.

methode%2Ftimes%2Fprod%2Fweb%2Fbin%2F4d980290-4e71-11e9-a36a-59bc188de8ad.jpg

emirates19.jpg

How can you not agree they're similar???

How can you not agree they're similar???

Ok so you are arguing in bad faith thanks for confirming. Showing an image from the floor vs an image from the top tier. These are in no way comparable and that Emirates shot is specifically chosen not to show the corners clearly. Even in these images that are very cherry picked you can see the huge difference. You can see the massive difference in the size of the curve at the top due to The Emirate's slow oval curves.

Look at the difference in the size of it at the top WHL small little curve due to the tight corners, The Emirates long slow shallow curves.

Ok so you are arguing in bad faith thanks for confirming. Showing an image from the floor vs an image from the top tier. These are in no way comparable and that Emirates shot is specifically chosen not to show the corners clearly. Even in these images that are very cherry picked you can see the huge difference. You can see the massive difference in the size of the curve at the top due to The Emirate's slow oval curves.

Look at the difference in the size of it at the top.
I've just had a good look at photos taken by a Spuds fan mate of mine when he went last weekend. He's dead chuffed. I can see the similarity with the emirates in one angle (he was not delighted by the comparison btw), but looking at his other photos, its clear how the steeper rake of the stands makes it completely different. It looks very much more intimate yet huge. It put me in mind if the Nou Camp in some ways.

Can't say I liked the outside view, but the inside certainly had wow factor. Nice touch that when rebuilding that chicken on a basketball thing they have on the roof, the sculptors recreated the dent that Gazza left on the original with an air rifle. Lol

I would be well chuffed if the new stadium was anything line NWHL.

Looks an amazing stadium, be interested to see the difference in the atmosphere between the new and the old.

Look at the difference in the size of it at the top WHL small little curve due to the tight corners, The Emirates long slow shallow curves.

WOW what a shock, the Emirates and New White Hart Lane are designed by the same architect.

Designed by the same company not the same architect. But what can we expect when nobody has even responded to my posts with any kind of seriousness.

They are similar in that the optimal way to have a corner in a rounded square is to have a slight curve at the top. That's where the similarity ends. The tightness of the corners is 100% different, the rake of the stands is 100% different the closeness to the pitch is 100% different.

Also I've no idea why you have the impression that just straightening the corners is unique? It's literally the default design of the bowl in all new stadiums in America. You can find them all over. Meis isn't being unique at all lol.

Last edited:
Designed by the same company not the same architect. But what can we expect when nobody has even responded to my posts with any kind of seriousness.

They are similar in that the optimal way to have a corner in a rounded square is to have a slight curve at the top. That's where the similarity ends. The tightness of the corners is 100% different, the rake of the stands is 100% different the closeness to the pitch is 100% different.

If you were just gonna steal their design I dunno why you didnt just ground share.

Yes the rake of the stands is slightly different and luckily you've got a single tier behind one of the goals, the stadium looks great but I hope ours isn't in a similar mould tbh.

Also I've no idea why you have the impression that just straightening the corners is unique? It's literally the default design of the bowl in all new stadiums in America. You can find them all over. Meis isn't being unique at all lol.

Mate you could have built the worlds best stadium and some on here would be trying to popcorn you about something to do with it. Welcome to GOT. We’ll build a waterfront stadium and someone on here will be calling it the Macron on the dock. It’s just the way this place is. Personally I think your new stadium is class. Far better than the Emirates, Etihad, Stamford Bridge and Anfield (the media have made that sacrelogious to say but it really is far behind other stadia now and the new stand is an eyesore)

It’s up there with Wembley and Old Trafford as the best grounds in the country. I hope we can get up there as well with our new stadium but I doubt Everton have the ambition.