• Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Richarlison 12 goals in 29 apps
Raul Jimenez 12 Goals in 30 apps
(According to Transfermarkt)

Jimenez is 27 (28 in less than 2 months)

Wouldn’t complain if we signed him like, but reckon we could do better and younger for the 40+ mil we may need to fork out...

Why would we not have the money? When gutting the midfield imagine the wages saved and the fees from those and others in the squad.

I cant see the logic in playing Gomes as a centre mid with Doucoure as the only box to box player. If he was used defensively then Sigurdsson is isolated again.

I can see the ideas from you both are quite similar and i mostly agree with them.

If we are going to go 433 then we need at least 2 mobile box to box centre midfielders.

I think they should be Ndombele, Doucoure and Sangare 'types'.

For me, thats crucial to solidify the centre.

Once we have those two in we have the choice of sticking with Sigurdsson or similar (Vlasic) or going with a deep playmaker.
Because we are still paying off three managers and have a bloated wage budget. Fair enough you make some good points you are clearly more familiar with the names you mention than me. I'd say what we need is a dominant box to box and a pivot. Whether the first is a Gomes type(for me yes because he's a good player) or a more physical Doucoure type is a good question, a pivot/dm would be preferable too as I think Gana will be leaving and we need someone with more discipline in that position. I think any more than that and you run the risk of it taking another season for everyone to bed in, it would be preferable to not rip it up again because we may be back to square one. I think a right back, central midfielder(maybe two), and a striker/wide forward would be the key positions if we can get quality over quantity in those positions I would take that over bringing another six players in who have to be in the first eleven this summer. Gradual progress is better than ripping it up for me. Look at Spurs.

Last edited:
Richarlison 12 goals in 29 apps
Raul Jimenez 12 Goals in 30 apps
(According to Transfermarkt)

Jimenez is 27 (28 in less than 2 months)

Wouldn’t complain if we signed him like, but reckon we could do better and younger for the 40+ mil we may need to fork out...
We could have had him the summer Koeman went for Giroud.

Im hearing the name Ruel Fox.

Met him a couple of times, told him the first time he should sign for us and he just grinned and said he was happy where he was.

Second time he gave a positive remark about the club and smiled again...

Seemed alright.

Because we are still paying off three managers and have a bloated wage budget. Fair enough you make some good points you are clearly more familiar wi th the names you mention than me. I'd say what we need is a dominant box to box and a pivot. Whether the first is a Gomes type(for me yes because he's a good player) or a more physical Doucoure type is a good question, a pivot/dm would be preferable too as I think Gana will be leaving and we need someone with more discipline in that position. I think any more than that and you run the risk of it taking another season for everyone to bed in, it would be preferable to not rip it up again because we may be back to square one. I think a right back, central midfielder(maybe two), and a striker/wide forward would be the key positions if we can get quality over quantity in those positions I would take that over bringing another six players in who have to be in the first eleven this summer. Gradual progress is better than ripping it up for me. Look at Spurs.

Thats partly my point really, weve got cash but have to clear the wages out so we can spend.

For me, I think the midfield is massively disjointed.

Gana is charging around like a tackle machine and Gomes has limited defensive nous so we look incredibly weak there.

Also as Gana isnt the best passer teams can just sit on Gomes which nullifies us.

Then of course we have Sigurdsson miles ahead as a 2nd striker.

I agree on the Doucoure type 100%. But i would prefer two players of that type signed. If were going to have 2 in and 1 kept then Gana seems to be off and Gomes is so inconsistent.

Sigudsson gets goals but otherwise mostly anonymous.

For me, 2 big strong powerful midfielders who are good all rounders is the way to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.