• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Surprised 37.1% still think he's the right man.

I can only assume this is based on him not being Sam Allardyce and/or the "we can't keep sacking managers" line...

You have to judge him in isolation, not on Koeman/Allardyce.

Is he good enough to progress Everton?...

The honest answer mate is that I don't know

I personally think he's getting one more transfer window at least, so I'm going to reserve judgment until I see who he's after in the summer

A lot of players need to be gotten off the books and replaced with the quality we need to kick on

If you look at Gomes, Richarlison and Zouma, I think these were decent enough signings, although far from perfect

Digne has been excellent, which I'm happy to say despite wanting a different player at the time

Mina has been a bit cack, but he could still kick on maybe, who knows?

I trust Silva and Brands enough when it comes to spotting players that I'm not overly worried about what sort of players they want to bring in, but it's up to Silva to then get those players playing, which is still up in the air

Basically, I think it genuinely is too soon to throw out the baby with the bathwater in regards to Silva. There's been some atrocious performances but there's also been some decent ones buried among them (The two Derbies especially)

There's a chance he could turn this around, which is not something I thought about Koeman or Large Samuel, so I'm kind of willing to give him another window and a bit more time to see if he can crack it

I also don't know who we'd replace him with at this stage either. None of the top managers would come here, so we'd just be going for either an experienced steady hand or another up and comer, which could very easily just lead to more of the same

The football is far better unless your stupid, you can see he’s trying to change the style. Yea things can and should be better, and given time TIME it will
Not since November.

I've seen us play many games since then where we don't look like creating a fart.

I have no idea how you can be son confident it will get better when we have been stuck in reverse for months and can't put a run of games together.

It's just blind faith as far as I see it and he hasn't done enough in my opinion to deserve that faith.

Not since November.

I've seen us play many games since then where we don't look like creating a fart.

I have no idea how you can be son confident it will get better when we have been stuck in reverse for months and can't put a run of games together.

It's just blind faith as far as I see it and he hasn't done enough in my opinion to deserve that faith.

It's definitely been better football, if only because we actually have a go now if nothing else

It's definitely been better football, if only because we actually have a go now if nothing else
But FAR better?

No, not for me.

Allardyce set a very low bar so he gets no plaudits for not playing that brand of footy.

I've seen plenty of halves of football where we have not had a shot on target and have fallen to pieces in the final third. They were looking good around October and November but since then we have played more games poorly than we have well.

The football is far better unless your stupid, you can see he’s trying to change the style. Yea things can and should be better, and given time TIME it will
There are many in here that literally have no idea what they are watching and refuse to accept any sort of objective measure of performance. Clearly the squad is better in that it creates more chances, concedes fewer chances, the question is whether or not its enough. The most important stat is points and we’ve not been great. The change in style and tactics is pretty dramatic from last year and obviously many here don’t realize how bad we were last year. When you actually try and play you expose poor players or players that don’t fit such a drastic change in styles pretty quickly. We are obviously still a couple windows away.

The honest answer mate is that I don't know

I personally think he's getting one more transfer window at least, so I'm going to reserve judgment until I see who he's after in the summer

A lot of players need to be gotten off the books and replaced with the quality we need to kick on

If you look at Gomes, Richarlison and Zouma, I think these were decent enough signings, although far from perfect

Digne has been excellent, which I'm happy to say despite wanting a different player at the time

Yet with those players, his results are less than the 3 previous Everton managers.

It’s not about he style. We create more and concede less. Again, we were AWFUL last year. It’s a shame it hasn’t translated into more points, but over time it obviously will. How many more is the question.

But FAR better?

No, not for me.

Allardyce set a very low bar so he gets no plaudits for not playing that brand of footy.

I've seen plenty of halves of football where we have not had a shot on target and have fallen to pieces in the final third. They were looking good around October and November but since then we have played more games poorly than we have well.

I wouldn't say it's far better, but it's definitely better and gives me hope it could still improve, which I couldn't say for the last two managers

Yet with those players, his results are less than the 3 previous Everton managers.

They are, but we've had managers in the past who have had iffy first seasons but then turned it around, so that alone isn't a reason to want him gone, especially as there's been times we've looked good this season

I just don't think there's been enough for me personally to say "Right, he has to go"

There's been times when he's annoyed me and times when I think he's potentially on to something

I can at least see a plan there. I can see what he wants us to do, even if sometimes we're not doing it

I've not really warmed to him as a personality, but I don't hate him either and I do honestly think that if he did get another window, he and Brands could make some good signings provided that they can also get rid of the dead weight, and if they find 2-3 good players then it could be a whole different ballgame next season

It could all be a disaster of course, that's the gamble. If there was someone else you could immediately point to as a definite major improvement who would actually want to come here, then I might think different, but that isn't the case

Status
Not open for further replies.